Siri development team one of the largest groups at Apple

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mister Snitch View Post

Apple might consider a simple thumbs up/thumbs down button for Siri allowing users to rate the answers. I know they don't want to clutter up the interface but it seems they could use a stream of real-time feedback.

That's a great idea, and it seems like it would be possible to flag wrong answers just by saying things along the lines of "wrong answer" or "that's wrong" instead of needing something onscreen.

More databases/connections and the ability to learn from user feedback would both be great. I'd also eventually love to see Siri available more of the time by voice instead of having to press the key to activate. Obviously there are potential battery and CPU issues but I would think there's some possible way they could design for users to get Siri's attention while running other apps.

How about adding Siri to appleTV as well instead of requiring a remote?
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

*EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION* "Siri! Turn it?" *EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION* "Turn it do-" *EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION*

*ENGINE REVVING* COME ON, WE GO- "Siri, stop the movi-" -HE CENTER OF THE COMPLEX!

Yeah. That'll work.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Asking Siri "Who's your daddy?" earns "You are," in response.

It's cool when a company can make technology more human by throwing in some humor.

I wonder who's job it is to put the jokes into Siri's responses. That's be an awesome job.

I can imagine his supervisor giving him a performance review, "I see you goofing off and telling jokes all day that make all your co-workers laugh. Excellent job!"
  • Reply 44 of 49
    linkgx1linkgx1 Posts: 742member
    Um.....for those who are saying it's not AI...HOW CAN IT NOT BE?

Unless.....they actually have a whole bunch of children working 24/7 responding live. Kind of like a live Yahoo answers. That must be true! OMG!
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

*EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION* "Siri! Turn it?" *EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION* "Turn it do-" *EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION*

*ENGINE REVVING* COME ON, WE GO- "Siri, stop the movi-" -HE CENTER OF THE COMPLEX!

Yeah. That'll work.

Could they embed a sound on the tv(with appletv), not audible to humans, that would make siri ignore the sound coming from the set? I guess loudness would be a factor still. Just talking out my a$$. I don't know if that's really feasible.
  • Reply 46 of 49
    I wish Apple could have gotten Douglas Rain( voice of HAL 9000) and Paul Bethany ( voice of Jarvis in Iron Man) to provide alternatives to the current voice of SIRI. Maybe even the actress who mimicked Majel Barret-Roddenberry as the computer of the Enterprise in the Star Trek reboot.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It understands what you say because of how it was programmed, but it's not real "Artificial intelligence".

Many people have difficulty displaying human intelligence.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Don't know if this has been linked too yet but I'm still laughing too hard to check...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hckrig2BwNY
  • Reply 49 of 49
    ssquirrelssquirrel Posts: 1,196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

You're half right. Add Siri to the AppleTV and add a mic to the remote. That gets around TS's gigantic font problems