Samsung attempts to block sales of Apple's iPhone 4S in Japan, Australia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    If Samsung does miraculously block Apple, have they thought how many Samsung customers they piss off in the process?
  • Reply 22 of 33
    bertpbertp Posts: 274member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moustache View Post

If Samsung does miraculously block Apple, have they thought how many Samsung customers they piss off in the process?

I find it hard to figure Samsung's calculus on all this. Maybe they think economic might will gain them leverage, and it very well could. But Apple is not the small new kid on the block?. IMO, it is a serious misjudgment on Samsung's part because?Apple has said it will fight back and not license those patents it holds that uniquely differentiate their iOS products from their mobile competition.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 80025 View Post

Not sure if it's crazy, but one definition of neurotic is "performing the same action(s) repeatedly and expecting different results and/or outcomes"..

Their patent strategy reminds me of their tablet strategy: throw stuff at the ceiling and hope something sticks.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    How long before this thread ends in posts full of "Before & After iPhone" picturez from the usual suspectz. And I don't want to load those ridiculous photos over my tiered 3G data plans.
  • Reply 25 of 33
    aizmovaizmov Posts: 989member
    I got mine yesterday Not that this ban will ever pass
  • Reply 26 of 33
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Australian citizens should write to their member of parliament to not even bother wasting taxpayer dollars on this frivolous nonsense.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by moustache View Post

Doesn't matter, the only people buying the GalaxyII at this stage are those that can't or really, really, really don't want an iPhone.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KA47 View Post

Is samsung going crazy?

Going crazy, from the heat...thanks to Apple.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KA47 View Post

Is samsung going crazy?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Their patent strategy reminds me of their tablet strategy: throw stuff at the ceiling and hope something sticks.

It certainly seems that way. If Samsung decided to do R&D and create something unique they would not need to ripoff Apple's IP.
  • Reply 30 of 33
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

I will _never_ knowingly buy any Samsung product again

Never say never. Have you heard Galaxy Note? It is amazing, just youtube it. Sure it is definately not for me because it is too girlish. But if you have a girl friend or wife, I think it is perfect present for them. (I like the pen input, Samsung has vastly improved on this)
  • Reply 31 of 33
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PBRSTREETG View Post

If Samsung decided to do R&D and create something unique they would not need to ripoff Apple's IP.

Samsung actually invests close to $10 billion every year in R&D. Compare that with millions by Apple. And they do create many unique in wide areas not just design or touch jestures. It seems that Samsung is the real tech company whereas Apple is a design company with excellence in marketing.
  • Reply 32 of 33
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Samsung actually invests close to $10 billion every year in R&D. Compare that with millions by Apple. And they do create many unique in wide areas not just design or touch jestures. It seems that Samsung is the real tech company whereas Apple is a design company with excellence in marketing.

This article pegs Apple's R&D closer to $1.8 billion. It's lower than Samsung's, but they're focusing on a narrower range of products and technologies.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/apples...-revenue/60872
  • Reply 33 of 33
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hjb View Post

Yep, it's all rdf and no real technology, right?

I wonder how many independent divisions and products that $10b is spread across...