RIM apologizes for BlackBerry downtime with $100 worth of free apps

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It is off topic but you are wrong about the rest.

The maps app on iOS is "powered" by Google, but the app itself, the design of it, and all the graphics are made by Apple. So if it *was* a screenshot of the Galaxy, then it's a blatant ripoff, copyright violation etc.

Unfortunately, what it really is, is a screenshot of an iPhone that some designer stole off of a website and photoshopped it into the Galaxy ad when he/she was making the advertisement/web page. So it's really just illegal and misleading advertising, not copyright violation.

I guess Samsung doesn't really care *which* laws they break, as long as they are breaking *some* kind of law.

Advertisement or not, that is a real page from the Samsung website.

http://www.samsung.com/galaxyplayer50/

If Samsung is really going there, they have big brass ones. And their advertising/marketing VP should be fired for approving the images. That has Apple app written all over it.

So basically, this device is a slavish copy of a white iPod touch. Can any of our friendly AI contributors across the pond post a screen cap of the map app from the Galaxy Player 50 in an effort to debunk this pic?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grmac View Post

This could overwhelm Rim's IBM XT app server...

I thought it was Windows95 running on a 286 PC.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

Why don't you just offer people $100 of raw fecal matter? At least then you could grow something useful.

• Reply 24 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zerezz View Post

I don't know why you guys are getting on his case, his response wasn't all that bad. It looked almost natural when he said his name, maybe if he practiced 4 or 5 more times, saying his name would have been believable and those that love RIM would be excited when blackberry reaches it's goal of $100 worth of apps by 2015. This giveaway is for the future, keeping it's customer base locked in, pretty good idea when you think about it.

Just to let you know I hate your post. I was doing just fine savoring my diet dr. pepper until I read this "It looked almost natural when he said his name". Now my keyboard, monitor, wacom tablet, shirt and pants has DP all over it.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    RIM just makes me embarrassed to be a Canadian
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wow, impressive reimbursement.

?

Are there even $100 worth of BlackBerry apps in existence?

It expires by the end of the year, so whatever you don't spend goes back into RIM's shrinking coffers.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    mystigomystigo Posts: 183member
    Wait. They charge for technical support?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystigo View Post

Wait. They charge for technical support?

They sell to business users; that's what you do. You charge business users for things that are free for everyone else. It's a fundamental law of the universe.