Apple's cash hoard grows to $81B with two-thirds of it offshore

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

I don't see why Apple has to do anything different from what they are doing. The company is running very smoothly and they're making about as much money as any company can. Just because Wall Street can manipulate Apple's share price that isn't Apple's fault. There are some very powerful funds that are controlling what's going on with Apple's share price and probably a number of other stocks as well. They can do anything they want. But what matters most with Apple as a company is to just keep selling products and make as much money as they can. Apple continues to make more revenue and profit and reserve cash. The hedge funds can't control that. Only the consumers can. If the stock market is crooked then only the regulating bodies can change that.

That was Steve's brilliance from painful experience. He knew he didn't want to have to depend on stock price. He knew he didn't want to depend on a "bailout" from Microsoft. He knew he didn't want to be taken over wilfully or by a hostile take over.

The so-called experts (aka charlatans of Wall Street and Banking) were vocal about Apple's cash hoard. Now we know who had the last laugh.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I anyone else sort of uncomfortable that corporations can horde money like this?

what i don't understand is why the stockholders aren't getting a big chunk of this? how do they benefit from it?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by screamingfist View Post

what i don't understand is why the stockholders aren't getting a big chunk of this? how do they benefit from it?

Because the company has no requirement to pay dividends. However, think of the shareholders that bought at $200 or $300 not too long ago. The return on their investment is... simply phenomenal. No dividends usually paid out by companies can compare.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted