Steve Jobs vowed to 'destroy' Google Android, called it a 'stolen product'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 377
    pokepoke Posts: 506member
    This is interesting:

Quote:

He called Jonathan Ive, Apple's design chief, his "spiritual partner" at Apple. He told Isaacson that Ive had "more operation power" at Apple than anyone besides Jobs himself -- that there's no one at the company who can tell Ive what to do. That, says Jobs, is "the way I set it up."

Ive is the new Jobs?
  • Reply 42 of 377
    Also the cases against Samsung mentioned were specifically against Samsung and not against Android itself...worth noting.
  • Reply 43 of 377
    ikolikol Posts: 369member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Hardly. You should read a little before you comment on a subject that you know nothing about.

I have- volumes. You on the other hand make accusatory statements but don't clarify your position. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Reply 44 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Don't forget Reader, from Safari.

Really now? Apple owns offline web pages?

Also camera from lockscreen existed in 3rd party apps before iOS 5...cannot be called an Apple invention simply because they integrated it into stock iOS
  • Reply 45 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

No, because Picasso was referring to trying something new .....

You're dignifying this iKol person's uninformed drivel!?
  • Reply 46 of 377
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    We can argue whether the “theft” was a good thing for the world—and if someone makes a truly great Android variant (Amazon? someone?) that is truly different from Apple (not just the occasional spec bullet point or clever UI detail) then that’s going to look a lot like a Yes! I think it could happen, and I hope it does.

But theft it was, from Steve’s understandable view. It truly was not Google innovation, but Google copying. (The way they’ve copied lots of popular things, always aiming to control the world’s ad space, which is their life blood.) The level of unique and original innovation Apple built on top of Xerox’s foundation was revolutionary. What Google built by mimicking iPhone? Not nearly as different, not nearly as revolutionary. Still a good way to sell users to advertisers, though!
  • Reply 46 of 377
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

Really now? Apple owns offline web pages?

Also camera from lockscreen existed in 3rd party apps before iOS 5...cannot be called an Apple invention simply because they integrated it into stock iOS

Nope, just that it appeared in Safari in iOS 5, then again it is based on Apple's open source Webkit.
  • Reply 48 of 377
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iKol View Post

I have- volumes. You on the other hand make accusatory statements but don't clarify your position. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why should I take the time to educate you? Go back to your "volumes" is the best advice I can give.
  • Reply 49 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Why should I take the time to educate you? Go back to your "volumes" is the best advice I can give.

Right and go back to your barn is the best advice I can give you.
  • Reply 50 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

Hard to disagree with Mr. Jobs on this one.

I bow my head in silent contemplation, reflecting on the life and wisdom of Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 51 of 377
    Quote:

Not for nothing...but Steve Jobs was not a prophet and has been shown to be a bit ego-maniacal at times...take that into consideration.

Not for nothing....accomplish what he's accomplished. Take that into consideration.

He may not be a prophet but he's certainly a deity to millions.
  • Reply 52 of 377
    Quote:

Also the cases against Samsung mentioned were specifically against Samsung and not against Android itself...worth noting.

One step at a time...
  • Reply 53 of 377
    ortort Posts: 39member
    Why do I get the feeling that I'm going to be reading references to these comments from belligerent crazed android fanboys from now until the end of eternity.

Apple is out to get android! They can't innovate so they litigate! We have proof! The iPhone wasnt original anyway, there had been phones before, and touch screens before, Prada, blah blah, you can't patent touching things, apple evil, blah blah blah, all they do is sue, Steve jobs said so...
  • Reply 54 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Not for nothing....accomplish what he's accomplished. Take that into consideration.

He may not be a prophet but he's certainly a deity to millions.

How is anything you said good at anything more than face value?

I can name a shitload of bad men who've done great things (not saying he's bad) doesn't make them always right.

And the fact that he's a deity to millions is a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.
  • Reply 55 of 377
    Quote:

How is anything you said good at anything more than face value?

I can name a shitload of bad men who've done great things (not saying he's bad) doesn't make them always right.

And the fact that he's a deity to millions is a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Will we get to see the temple built in our lifetime? That's was the weirdest comment I've heard - beyond.....

Probably the last thing SJ ever wanted people to view him as.
  • Reply 56 of 377
    majjomajjo Posts: 574member
    I'll probably catch a lot of flak for this, but its hard for me to see eye to eye with SJ on this issue considering how different android proper is from iOS.

Now, if android came out looking like samsung's Touchwiz 3, then yeah, I would wholeheartedly agree with SJ; but as it stands, I don't see much similarity between the two.
  • Reply 57 of 377
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbarriault View Post

Oracle hasn't (to general knowledge anyway) stolen things from Apple. Google has stolen from Oracle in addition to Apple though, that's probably what you're thinking of.

I believe that is what Red Oak is referring to.

Oracle should win their lawsuit against Google and Android should go away (As a gift to Steve).
  • Reply 58 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majjo View Post

I'll probably catch a lot of flak for this, but its hard for me to see eye to eye with SJ on this issue considering how different android proper is from iOS.

Now, if android came out looking like samsung's Touchwiz 3, then yeah, I would wholeheartedly agree with SJ; but as it stands, I don't see much similarity between the two.

I would agree that Android core has diverged into it's own thing in recent years (though Samsung is doing it's best to keep it as iOS-like as possible). Doesn't change the fact that it came about from Schmidt's insider knowledge, and that's what caused Jobs to be pissed off and betrayed.
  • Reply 59 of 377
    Never underestimate the power of medication especially for pain to make one nasty or cranky. Who knows what else was going on - if he was having extreme reactions to medication.
  • Reply 60 of 377
    daharderdaharder Posts: 1,580member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Absolutely! ... and those who fail to understand that Android 'proper' shares little-to-nothing with the iPhone OS/iOS other than they both happen to be mobile operating systems, are largely delusional.