Sprint investigating iPhone 4S speed issue, unable to replicate it

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S8ER01Z View Post

For what it's worth myself and a co-worker (iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s) have both been having issues on iOS5 with AT&T. The past few days my bandwidth tests go from 2.0 to 2.5 mbps down to almost nothing. Browsing is hit or miss as well. I've been on iOS5 since June and this problem started after the GM/PR releases. Am I alone?

That sounds about right for a SHARED resource over a wireless network.

Data speed for ANY phone on ANY network is a highly variable parameter with many different factors that can affect it.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    s8er01zs8er01z Posts: 144member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

That sounds about right for a SHARED resource over a wireless network.

Data speed for ANY phone on ANY network is a highly variable parameter with many different factors that can affect it.

I think you misunderstood me. My 3G bandwidth goes from 2-2.5 down to nil. At times I cannot access websites with 5 bars and the 4s user next to me is have similar problems.

I live an hour from where I work and the bandwidth oddities exist regardless of my location.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    I have an EVO 4G and my speeds can vary from as low as 20Kbps to as high as 600Kbps though most of the time they are around 250Kbps. It's the reason I'm leaving Sprint after 13 years. I can remember when I was getting 1.5 - 2.5Mbps about 5 years ago.

A friend of mine sitting across the table from me earlier this week who uses Verizon ran a comparison test for me. I tested at 400Kbps and across the table he tested at 1.8Mbps on 3G. That the was the straw that broke the camels back.

AT&T here I come.