Apple grants top execs $60M retention stock bonuses through 2016

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Jony Ive has done more than any of these guys to shape the Apple we see today. I hope they realise that and reward him with a lot more then 150k in shares as he deserves it. I sincerely hope he sticks around for many more years.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    macrulezmacrulez Posts: 2,455member
    deleted
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

I'm sorry. I don't care if this is Apple and if these guys are hot shots. Nobody deserves these oitrageous bonuses. These are a large part of what is wrong with our society today. This is a big part of what Occupy Wall Street is about. These guys don't need bonuses to stay. They are too comfortable in their current positions.

Occupy Wall Street confuses me and maybe this is why.

Are you saying that you think these people should be less comfortable in their current positions?

Apple is now making a huge amount of money. Is it your position that Apple employees should not be well compensated? If they make less, the primary beneficiary is shareholders, and the profits go to Wall Street instead of hardworking employees Is this what you want?

Now, if you're talking about the CEO of a failing company winding up with millions, then yes, I can see your point. But you are talking about what is probably the most successful company in the world. As an Apple shareholder, I am more than happy to see Apple executives paid premiums for their superb performance over the years.

I'm sure Jony Ive did get an additional stock award. Maybe he will join up with other members of the executive crew and share a new Gulfstream G550. Nobody's earned it more than them.

D
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justbobf View Post

I'm sorry. I don't care if this is Apple and if these guys are hot shots. Nobody deserves these oitrageous bonuses. These are a large part of what is wrong with our society today. This is a big part of what Occupy Wall Street is about. These guys don't need bonuses to stay. They are too comfortable in their current positions.

I agree. Actions like that is why the pay gap has accelerated. While Apple does tremendously well, the exceutives get 10s of millions in bonuses while the people at the lower level positions are lucky to get 3% raises.

To make matters worse, Apple keeps temporary workers for years and years without converting them. They do the exact same work as a regular employee but do not get any benefits, 401k, stock purchase.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by starwarrior View Post

Exactly. We will start seeing bean counter controlled decisions soon.

Down with beans! Down with beans!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    p lp l Posts: 64member
    if I'd paid more attention in school I could be a 1%er instead of a 30%er.

Thanks but No Thanks, I don't want the attention.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Apple keeps temporary workers for years and years without converting them. They do the exact same work as a regular employee but do not get any benefits, 401k, stock purchase.

Thanks for that info. Would you happen to know if this is mainly in their retail business, or also applies to corporate? With the growth of their stores around the globe I can imagine Apple hiring a lot of temp employees there but not at 1IL.

EDIT: while browsing, I came upon this from Apple's Form 10-K filing:

"No single customer accounted for more than 10% of net sales in 2011 or 2010. One of the Company?s customers accounted for 11% of net sales in 2009."

Would that be an iPhone client?