Retail self-checkout option added to Apple Store app for iOS

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    rbonnerrbonner Posts: 635member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smiles77 View Post

I still don't see how they can do the EasyPay system without having significant theft. How in the world do you check to make sure each person's paid for what they've taken besides having an employee do so, which defeats the whole purpose?

Maybe it's like the person who checks your receipt at Costco. Easy to do a quick verify on the way out of the store if needed, way faster than a checkout.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    I can't help but feel like this EasyPay system is a countrywide trial experiment to test out Apple's answer to a mobile payments system. Why bother with NFC? You have a phone with a camera to scan the barcode, an iTunes account that's connected to your credit card, and an Internet connection. Just work out some back-end terms and boom, Apple replaces Visa and MasterCard.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

Yes you do.

If you want to wait for an employee to get you one. But they don't jut have a stak of hem sitting around for folks

And if you are going to wit for someone to get you a bag hy self at all
  • Reply 24 of 26
    bsenkabsenka Posts: 801member
    I've never liked self checkouts. As cool as the tech for this is, I can't get past the fact that I'm paying YOU the same price as before, but now you're making ME do the work. It's just bad customer service, IMO.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

I've never liked self checkouts. As cool as the tech for this is, I can't get past the fact that I'm paying YOU the same price as before, but now you're making ME do the work. It's just bad customer service, IMO.

You could look at it as:

You are helping the store keep their prices low by helping them reduce overhead!

...Or Apple could make it worth your while to self checkout -- say, iTunes credits or somesuch?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yuusharo View Post

I can't help but feel like this EasyPay system is a countrywide trial experiment to test out Apple's answer to a mobile payments system. Why bother with NFC? You have a phone with a camera to scan the barcode, an iTunes account that's connected to your credit card, and an Internet connection. Just work out some back-end terms and boom, Apple replaces Visa and MasterCard.

I think you're on to something!