Apple on pace to sell record 5.3M Macs in holiday quarter

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 41
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Have you ever looked inside a Mac Pro? Where exactly are you going to put those giant heat sinks, fans, 8 sticks of ram and the multiple hard drives? Certainly not in a revised mini or cube.

People say with thunderbolt you can use external drives. But what exactly is the advantage? Personally I like the drives either inside the box or racked RAIDs. We also need a PCI card slot or two for high end video.

The Mac Pro case design is still exactly what is needed for pros. Unfortunately there just aren't very many of us left. Now days most people can get by with an iMac for intermediate level graphic design.

People who do not have a Mac Pro should not offer advice on what Mac Pro users need.

I hear you. On all points:

- you'll need the space for RAM sticks

- people like to have their drives inside their computer, not externally (most times powered by adapters)

- iMac is no replacement, either because of its integrated (glossy) screen or the lack of internal expendability

- it does seem that non Mac Pro owners are the ones to chime in asap...(but impossible to tell through a copper line)

Me, I just browse the web on an 8 core¡

Seriously, I would rip my head off if Apple discontinues the Mac Pro (hmm, can't after they discontinued the 30"CD). It would mean that I have to connect my 30" to either a Mini, or a laptop. Both not my preferred Mac without the expendability of a Mac Pro.