Motorola seen as 'likely' to win German patent suit against Apple's iCloud

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Not yet. There's still a gate or two to pass thru.

Right. And as if it's not going to go through.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacksons View Post

Right. And as if it's not going to go through.

No guarantee. Still has to pass muster with US regulators.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

The EU needs Apple more than Apple needs the EU.

Or was that Samsung?

Do we? Are you sure you are not getting the Eu and China mixed up?

Why? Is Apple going to somehow convince the Germans to wake the F up and allow the ECB to print a lot of Euros, or are Apple going to print them?
  • Reply 44 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Is Apple going to somehow convince the Germans to wake the F up and allow the ECB to print a lot of Euros, or are Apple going to print them?

Apple doesn't print Euros. They take them from people and give them to the bankers.

Most of the high-paying Apple jobs are in the US.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    Quote:

Of course they can. What do 500 million affluent customers matter anyway.

iCloud is an added convenience, not an essential. We all lived without it until very recently.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

iCloud is an added convenience, not an essential. We all lived without it until very recently.

I could say the same about mobile phones. Apart from the 'all' bit, as I am sure there are some people young enough they cant remember or imagine life without them.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

They can't win against Apple in the US so they go to Europe hoping that the German Government will take sides against Apple. All these law suits on other countries. What a poor way to try and slow Apple down. I imagine that Apple has a huge Leal team and spends millions upon millions of dollars to that legal team.

Motorola.

Apple attitude towards Motorola and Samsung.

You do realise that Apple went there to have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 ruled against and banned? You can't have it both ways.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    Quote:

Do we? Are you sure you are not getting the Eu and China mixed up?

Why? Is Apple going to somehow convince the Germans to wake the F up and allow the ECB to print a lot of Euros, or are Apple going to print them?

Germany has the strongest economy in Europe, and one of the strongest in the world.Last time I checked, they still had THEIR AAA rating.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

So now Motorola owns the right to sync something with a server? Well, I guess Android users better get ready to kiss your maps app goodbye when Apple comes after you.

Hasn't bberry been doing this for years?
  • Reply 50 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I don't use iCloud myself, just the wifi sync. Honestly though server syncing of data has been around longer than this patent, it really should be invalidated to be applied so broadly.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

So now Motorola owns the right to sync something with a server? Well, I guess Android users better get ready to kiss your maps app goodbye when Apple comes after you.

they can't.