iPhone 4S carrier performance study finds no clear victor

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,569member
    "The iPhone has had trouble with dropped calls in the past and Malhorta said that the 4S is no exception, showing a higher failure rate than the 1.4% industry average. In the test, Verizon had the least amount of dropped calls with 2.1% followed by AT&T and Sprint, with 2.8% and 3.7% respectively."

FWIW those figures are somewhat along the same lines as results from a few months ago, Verizon iPhones showing fewer call issues than ATT iPhones.

http://www.macworld.com/article/1590...t_verizon.html

Glossed over and seldom noted is the fact that iPhones simply have a higher call failure rate than most other phones, exceeding the industry average handily. Certainly something Apple should continue to try and improve on.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by daylove22 View Post

He's right the iPhone 4s is marred with problems I have one since day one and I wish I had not sold my iPhone 4 because it was way better.

Sell the i4S and buy a gently used i4. You'll even have a few bucks left to stick in your pocket.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:

Phone 4S carrier performance study finds no clear victor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

But it does find a clear loser: Sprint.

Yeah the article really seemed to pussyfoot around what seemed obvious.... ...maybe they have a soft spot for the underdog.....

....but what's up with Apple remaining above average in dropped calls on all carriers for five iterations of their phone? is it something to do with the complexity of smartphones in general? or Apple-specific?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    AT&T is the clear winner as it beats the other two hands down in speed but is only slightly inferior in other categories. But bear in mind that they have had the iPhone longer and perhaps they have figured out what's more important - data as opposed to voice.

I am baffled by the complaints about reception and battery. The 4S has been the best for me on both fronts, and I have had every single iPhone since the original.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Does this explain Sprint's unlimited data plan? They can't throttle because they can't make it go any slower.