Is this mouse worth it?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 21
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    I use a basic Macally ADB ball mouse on my powerbook and I love it. I've had it for years. The problem was that the dumb old Apple ADB mouse II (teardrop shaped one) was a piece of crap after about a year of use, and I went through two Mice In A Box which also died quickly before I got the Macally. It still works just like the day I got it.

My brother replaced the puck mouse on his iMac with a Logitech optical wheel mouse. It's also great, with a good feel to the buttons and a nice scroll wheel. I do have a problem with optical mice, though. Since I'm used to a ball mouse, i tend to lift up the mouse very little when moving it away from the corner of the mouse pad. Usually I lift it from the back or the front and the other end stays in contact. Great for a ball mouse, but most optical mice I've used (Logitech and Apple included, esp. the Apple one) can sense movement if the sensor is less than 3mm or so from the surface. That's one reason why I like the Microsoft Intellimouse (corded). It doesn't sense movement unless the sensor is right on the surface. But it's made by Microsoft, and it's ugly as hell, and expensive, and the buttons are too easy to click, and so is the scroll wheel which is also quite "loose" to turn, and it has those annoying side buttons that I always hit by accident...

Okay I'm cutting this off because it's getting long.