Google steps up competition with iTunes, adds Disney movies to YouTube

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

His shares will go to his family of course. Where did you think they would go??

Whoever he gave them to in his will.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

That said, I don't see this deal being really all that much better on the consumer front. The prices are basically the same, the rental periods the same and it has the downside that you have to be online and right now it only works on computer. How many folks really need 24 hours to watch a movie, much less more. Probably not that many in the long run.

That's just classic. One of the major complaints about online movie rentals is the short viewing window once you start playing it. Google manages to get that window doubled in length and now it's "nobody needs that much time anyhow." Classic, just classic...
  • Reply 23 of 23
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

That's just classic. One of the major complaints about online movie rentals is the short viewing window once you start playing it. Google manages to get that window doubled in length and now it's "nobody needs that much time anyhow." Classic, just classic...

He states "I don't see this deal being really all that much better on the consumer front." His point is valid, yet I think it's overall slightly worse than iTS options. Sure, more hours to watch are better than fewer, but I don't see an option that I can rent it, hold onto it for a month, and then watch offline at my convenience. Since I'm not one to start and stop a movie over a couple days yet likely to want to plan ahead for a viewing and watch offline iTS seems like a better overall option. I guess if you're at work and can sneak a couple minutes here and there for a film YouTube might work out for you.