Hitach & Sony working with Apple on 4-inch iOS device, iPad 4 to see new display technology

2456

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 108
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,055member
    Apple HDTV remote control?
  • Reply 22 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    No one called the 4S a failure. They said it was a disappointment. Not the same.



    What exactly were these non-disappointing changes from the Galaxy S to the Galaxy S II? Moving from 4.0" to 4.3"? You really think they'll be adding 0.3" inches to the display every year as a selling point? Good luck with that¡



    Seems like they keep changing the Galaxy displays (3.2", 4.0, and 4.3") because they can't find one that really works well. Hopefully for them this year will be different.
  • Reply 23 of 108
    Weak.



    AI is gettin' soft.



    I wanna hear rumors about iPad 5, 6, 7 and 8.



    (sarcasm)
  • Reply 24 of 108
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    And the point of talking about something that's beyond what is most recently new and doesn't even exist yet is…?



    I mean, if they were going to push up the 'new display technology' from the 4 to the 3, sure, but why be concerned with this when it's very irrelevant to iPad 3 display production?



    Having said that, I think Intel should just forget about everything between here and Skymont and just jump to that.



    I know, I know, and here is something from the original Japanese story, the true interpretaion of which will drive everybody here crazy.



    "This source told additionally, because structure of LCD for iPad 4 will be changed fundamentally, Taiwanese company providing LCD technology faces to decision of changing production process."



    Clearly [only some sarcasm] they're referring to an autostereoscopic, glasses-free 3D display for the iPad 4. That means we don't have to rush into making 3D movies for the iPad just now. But people interested in stereo movie making should be getting ready for the big event, when Apple shows how it should be done on the display end, only one year and a few months from now.
  • Reply 25 of 108
    iPad 4 ?1? What? How far ahead can these rumours go?!
  • Reply 26 of 108
    mactelmactel Posts: 1,275member
    Ideally the new displays would be for the iPod Touch and iPhone. If Apple is taking quantity of 4" displays now then I don't know what that means. An iPhone 5 coming soon?



    Definitely too small for a mini-iPad. Maybe these will be the remotes for the new Apple branded televisions. You get a 4" iPod Touch with every television.



    It is fun to speculate, but we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Reply 27 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    What exactly were these non-disappointing changes from the Galaxy S to the Galaxy S II? Moving from 4.0" to 4.3"? You really think they'll be adding 0.3" inches to the display every year as a selling point? Good luck with that¡



    Seems like they keep changing the Galaxy displays (3.2", 4.0, and 4.3") because they can't find one that really works well. Hopefully for them this year will be different.



    the S and the S2 look different...are different.



    I'm not saying I agree with the bloggers and the naysayers, I'm just correcting you.



    Also I think anything larger than 4inches is retarded...maybe a 4.3 inch screen on a phone the size of the G2X at max but unless bevels get smaller screens need to stop growing.



    For that reason I will not be buying the Galaxy Nexus...4.65 is unnecessary...and I have large hands.
  • Reply 28 of 108
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


    Is to set your expectations so high that Apple couldn't possibly meet it, thus creating vocal minority of unhappy tech bloggers who complain so that the media can report how big a failure the iPhone 4S is until the next day when it becomes the fastest selling smartphone ever, and the media makes that the new story and forgot how big a failure it was the day before.



    Don't forget about all the expert investors here who will not complain as the rumors drive the stock up from 360 to 420, but will MOAN when the stock drops back to 400 after hopes are dashed.
  • Reply 29 of 108
    [removed] meant to edit, not quote myself.
  • Reply 30 of 108
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    the S and the S2 look different...are different.



    I'm not saying I agree with the bloggers and the naysayers, I'm just correcting you.



    So you're correcting me to say that the Galaxy versions LOOK different therefore they appeal to new Android buyers. Gee, where did I just see a Samsung ad accusing iPhone users of doing exactly that despite sales and demand proving otherwise?¡
  • Reply 31 of 108
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 8,680member
    Apple has apparently gotten tired of eating Korean BBQ and they're now moving towards Japanese Sushi instead.



    Talking about the iPad 3 is lame and it's so last year. iPad 4 rumors is where it's at now.
  • Reply 32 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    So you're correcting me to say that the Galaxy versions LOOK different therefore they appeal to new Android buyers. Gee, where did I just see a Samsung ad accusing iPhone users of doing exactly that despite sales and demand proving otherwise?¡



    No the correction was in mentioning that the bloggers were disappointed, not saying the iPhone 4S was a failure.



    I was telling you that the S and the S2 look different and are different because you suggested otherwise.



    You're debating me for no reason when I'm simply telling you what the blogs actually were saying...regular people may have been saying it's a failure, but the blogs were not.
  • Reply 33 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post


    No one called the 4S a failure. They said it was a disappointment. Not the same.



    I think the original iPad was also considered a disappointment (no camera, lack of ports, etc.). I doubt that there is anything Apple can come out with that will exceed expectations or won't be a disappointment. Apple is being set up by the media and Wall Street as a company that underachieves. I'm not saying the company is underachieving, I'm saying that that's how it's being made to look for investors.



    Since most Android smartphones have rather limited production runs, vendors can put in all sorts of the latest tech and if it doesn't work, so what. They'll cut that model and add some features to another smartphone. Apple doesn't have that luxury and has to play it on the conservative side with the iPhone. So, almost anything the iPhone comes up with will be something that some Android smartphone will already have and then the Apple product will be considered disappointing to the tech critics and media.
  • Reply 34 of 108
    gqbgqb Posts: 1,934member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


    The new display technology will be a 10" iPad with retina display that expands to an Apple 50" tv when placed in its dock.



    Only if you feed it after midnight.
  • Reply 35 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post


    I think the original iPad was also considered a disappointment (no camera, lack of ports, etc.). I doubt that there is anything Apple can come out with that will exceed expectations or won't be a disappointment. Apple is being set up by the media and Wall Street as a company that underachieves. I'm not saying the company is underachieving, I'm saying that that's how it's being made to look for investors.



    Since most Android smartphones have rather limited production runs, vendors can put in all sorts of the latest tech and if it doesn't work, so what. They'll cut that model and add some features to another smartphone. Apple doesn't have that luxury and has to play it on the conservative side with the iPhone. So, almost anything the iPhone comes up with will be something that some Android smartphone will already have and then the Apple product will be considered disappointing to the tech critics and media.



    These tech blogs can be annoying as hell though.



    While I'll admit I was underwhelmed by the KEYNOTE I don't see how you can be underwhelmed by the device...especially since the only real "complaint" is that it looked the same.
  • Reply 36 of 108
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Well iPad 4 huh. I can't wait for the iPad 5.
  • Reply 37 of 108
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,154member
    My sources also tell me that Apple is working with some other tech company for some new technology in iPad 5. True story.
  • Reply 38 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dpnorton82 View Post


    AppleTV remote?







    Ooohhh, that's good.
  • Reply 39 of 108
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


    Sure, it's a world where you can't keep changing the display size or resolution at will the way Apple did with the iPod Nano, but after the 3GS gets deprecated so there is only one resolution for the 3.5" display size to develop for, adding a 4" size with or without the same resolution as the current iPhone, would be possible. Devs would need some time to optimize their apps, but I don't think a 4" 960x640 display in the hands of customers for a couple months would deter too many buyers, especially if this was the size they were planning on sticking with for many years. I would end up just being a blip on the radar the way the less-than-ideal 480x320 apps looked on the iPhone 4.



    The 3GS is not going to be deprecated.
  • Reply 40 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post


    The 3GS is not going to be deprecated.



    When the iPhone 6 comes out, it will.
Sign In or Register to comment.