Apple: The Most Undervalued Large-Cap Stock in America

Comments

• Reply 161 of 216
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

i'm with frugality on this one. what are the holdings of the author? and why does the original article mention that they're a holder, when the article as posted in the comments says just the above? edit?

and how about the timing? what would this article have read like just five weeks ago, when aapl was trading in the mid 420s?

i'd like to see an in-depth analysis by someone who doesn't have money at stake in the game. cuz i'll guarantee you, zaky is in it for the money.

There's only one thing on which we agree, Pooch - Andy Zaky is "in it for the money." He's an investor, for chrissake - and a damned successful one at that! But you and your fellow numb nuts - "frugality" - are obviously too ignorant and too lazy to do your minimum research into who Andy Zaky is before barfing your guts all over this thread.

Depending on which way he sees the market going, Andy has been long AAPL, short AAPL, cross-traded and out of it entirely for a longer time than you have learned to put your Jockey shorts on frontwards. He is an expert on AAPL market performance and its prospects, but his high regard for the company doesn't prevent him from trading on market realities. Any way that AAPL shares go - up, down or sideways - Andy knows how to make money from it. He is generous with his research, so that others who pay attention to what he says have the opportunity to make money, too. He is a prolific author and contributor to Fortune and to the website Seeking Alpha - but apparently this wide exposure has managed to escape the likes of you.

Most significantly, he has a long record of accurately predicting Apple's quarterly financials and product sales volumes. Following are links to the last six quarters, and he has almost always ranked among the most accurate five among more than 40 Wall Street and unaffiliated analysts.

Next time - trying getting off your intellectual butt and putting in the effort to learn something before impressing us with your ignorance.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/...got-clobbered/

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/07/...treet-blew-it/

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/04/...iss-by-a-mile/

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/01/...eet-blew-it-2/

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/...s-for-q4-2010/

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/07/...pple-analysts/
  • Reply 162 of 216
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

Are you seriously, with a straight face, implying that Wall Street players always have it right? You think that Wall Street investors always value and gauge a company and its Stock fairly? If that were the case, great buys and huge upswings wouldn't exist.

Hilarious.

In fact, the market, liquidity, or volatility wouldnt exist.

If the stock market was always right, there would be no reason to invest in it over, say, US treasuries.
  • Reply 163 of 216
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roy Prasad View Post

Like it or not, employees of the company need to pay their mortgages, send their kids to school and save a nest egg for retirement. Sooner or later, people will start realizing that their hard work and effort will have far greater upside at other companies than at Apple, and that could lead to a growing exodus of talent, as the best and the brightest are always the first ones to leave. So by not having the stock perform well, Apple seriously risks losing key talent.

Or they could just pay bonuses. Like they already do. Stock isn't the only way to compensate employees

Why does everyone act like there is only one way to accomplish things?

Quote:

Kudos to Andy Zaky and the independent bloggers for their efforts in shedding light on this issue, but Apple Brass had better wake up, too, and do what the company can do to support the stock.

Don't hold your breath. Those that speculated that Jobs and the board probably hold the market in disdain are probably on track. Apple probably tolerates the whole stock market thing more than anything at this point. I don't see them deviating from their core business (delivering insanely great products) at all any time soon.
  • Reply 164 of 216
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Never put all your investing eggs in one basket - but if you truly believe Apple's not going to drift without its unassailable visionary at the top and during the rise of new powers and the resurrection of others, one of the best large (mega in its case) caps to get a chunk of. Could be one's main tech component even in a 10-20 stock portfolio.

I only buy mutual funds, and usually in amounts less than $40K, but if buying AAPL and having $$$, I'd start averaging in at this point (long as I could afford 100 share lots - otherwise the fees and brokerage inconvenience of "odd lots" starts to pinch).

NOTE: if AAPL wanted to encourage the littler folk to buy in, creating an active small shareholder market - which could be a bit of a halo - they'd do a 4 or more for 1 split so that 100 share lots could be had for $10,000 or less. I know I'd consider breaking my own rule and buying at that point, this being THE corporation I know most about in the world and knowing that Warren Buffett says "buy what you really know."
  • Reply 165 of 216
    Quote:

is he really putting his money where his mouth is? or is he trying to shore up his position? (and "logistics"? no.)

but no-one truly knows, do they? unless they have complete information on zaky's holdings, including dates, volumes, and prices. was he compensated for this piece? how much and by whom?

pony up, zaky.

Or, you know, they can look at the numbers he has provided, and the argument he is making, and figure out for themselves, based on all the other millions of opinions and publicly disclosed financial information whether his thesis makes sense or not.
  • Reply 166 of 216
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ash471 View Post

Really? Do you think Zaky is trying to move AAPL stock by posting an article on AI? That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

But by comparison one of the smarter things in this thread

Quote:

Secondly, Zaky's comments are a discussion of a balance sheet. I've never heard of anyone trying to surreptitiously move a stock by analyzing a company's balance sheet. (unless maybe the numbers were fabricated, which is clearly not the case with Zaky's article)

Again, what flies for "logic" in these threads has a pretty low threshold...
  • Reply 167 of 216
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    i'll simply say it again: where's the complete information on zaky's holdings, including dates, volumes, and prices. was he compensated for this piece? how much and by whom? ai, did you pay the guy? how much?
  • Reply 168 of 216
    Quote:

i'll simply say it again: where's the complete information on zaky's holdings, including dates, volumes, and prices. was he compensated for this piece? how much and by whom? ai, did you pay the guy? how much?

lol?

"I cannot think for myself so I must know whether the argument being presented is by someone reliable or not, otherwise I cant distinguish whether it is a good argument or not. You know, because I cannot think for myself".

You will go far in life with that attitude...
  • Reply 169 of 216
    Lors des crises vous perdez de l'argent en bourse et pour compenser les pertes vous vendez des actions stables qui ont encore une forte valeur.
  • Reply 170 of 216
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lefrançois View Post

Lors des crises vous perdez de l'argent en bourse et pour compenser les pertes vous vendez des actions stables qui ont encore une forte valeur.

During crisis time, you lose money on Stock Exchange, and in order to compensate for this you sell stable stock share which are still very valuable.
  • Reply 171 of 216
    Quote:

Here's more obstinate ignorance on your part that you seem hellbent on perpetuating.

In other websites where this article appears, he states clearly that he is long AAPL at this time. At other times he has written articles where he has stated that he is selling, has shorted the stock, or has gotten out of it entirely. If you need to know more, why don't you go to his Bullish Cross website and ask him yourself? He has nothing to hide, but he also has no obligation to tell you his exact trading history. Why should he? No one else on AI is obligated to do so, nor would he be.

Demanding that kind of information is like someone demanding whether you - Pooch - today may still be wearing the undergutchies that you left a brown stain in yesterday. That's personal of course, but in your case, we don't need to know it for a fact. We can guess.
  • Reply 172 of 216
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lefrançois View Post

Dear fellow countryman, this is an English speaking forum, in case you did not notice. As a compatriot, I tell you : please do not reinforce the idea that we do not make any effort in speaking foreign languages !
  • Reply 173 of 216
    Quote:

I'll say it again - what difference does it make? Rather than imply, show us exactly where that information has any bearing whatsoever on the authors thesis.
  • Reply 174 of 216
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post

I think some of the anti-Apple sentiment isn't directed at the products per se, but the way they run the company. From Steve Jobs' non-financial background to seemingly wise anti-divendend paying - they are not playing the game the way the Street expects. The Street seems to reward loss and short-term thinking more than sales, profits and long term strategy, at least in Apple's case.

And Jobs proved that dead, completely, WRONG. Dramatically wrong about Apple.
  • Reply 175 of 216
    swiftswift Posts: 436member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

Fully agree +1 ( I hope you do not possess Apple share, though, some people here could question your integrity ...)

I actually have no stock since I lost half my retirement in the Crash.
  • Reply 176 of 216
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Swift View Post

I actually have no stock since I lost half my retirement in the Crash.

I am very sorry to hear that. I hope that wasn't enough to affect your lifestyle.
  • Reply 177 of 216
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You really should not be commenting on any matters of finance or economics in this Forum.

Actually, strike the words "...of finance or economics...."

Best laugh I've had all day.
  • Reply 178 of 216
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by umrk_lab View Post

Dear fellow countryman, this is an English speaking forum, in case you did not notice. As a compatriot, I tell you : please do not reinforce the idea that we do not make any effort in speaking foreign languages !

Sadly, few of us English speaking peoples can anyway but excellent of you to be able to and to say what you did.
  • Reply 179 of 216
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:

Pooch-

Leaving aside the fact that I agree with him, Andy Zaky's piece was (more-or-less) an advertisement for his services. He sells a newsletter. Nobody paid him for this opinion piece. He put it out there for free in order to draw more viewers to his blog, where he hopes to sell them a subscription.

Note: that doesn't make him wrong. It just makes him a businessman.

Thompson
  • Reply 180 of 216
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Pooch-

Leaving aside the fact that I agree with him, Andy Zaky's piece was (more-or-less) an advertisement for his services. He sells a newsletter. Nobody paid him for this opinion piece. He put it out there for free in order to draw more viewers to his blog, where he hopes to sell them a subscription.

Note: that doesn't make him wrong. It just makes him a businessman.

Thompson

Exactly. He began a subscription newsletter after running his free blog for a couple years. The high quality of the blog content made him eminently qualified to create a subscription newsletter. It's not cheap, but serious investors have been willing to pay. The rates offer a volume discount: $199.99 monthly; $499.99 3-months; $899.99 6-months.

I'd be willing to guess that any money that AI pays for articles would be chump change by comparison, and would not be a significant amount as far as Zaky is concerned. In that regard, maybe Pooch should start submitting articles to AI.