Galaxy Tab approved for sale in Australia after Apple appeal denied

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

From that site, iPads come with 12 month worldwide warranties, while the Samsung tab comes with a 12 month Australia warranty.

Good for Aussies bad for anyone else.
  • Reply 22 of 53
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

Does this mean Apple is now liable for damages for the loss of two months of Galaxy sales? Not that I imagine the number would be particularly high.

Apple will be liable only if Samsung wins the full trial

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I don't think so. I think that would be part of a trial settlement if Samsung wins the actual case, a case I'm certain will be handled behind closed doors before that actually happens.

I highly doubt that they will settle outside the court
  • Reply 23 of 53
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

An Australian court has denied Apple's request to appeal an overturned preliminary injunction of Samsung's Galaxy Tab, allowing the South Korean company to begin selling the device as early as next week.

People hate this bullshit. It may delay or even kill the competition, but the ill-will with the public remains.
  • Reply 24 of 53
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Really how long are we gonna be bombarded with this ridiculous battle. I give up trying to figure all this out. There must be a happy medium. Where that will be who knows. I honestly think that the iPad 3 will change it and make the competition be lacking. We will have to see.
  • Reply 25 of 53
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ConradJoe View Post

People hate this bullshit. It may delay or even kill the competition, but the ill-will with the public remains.

You speak for all people? I happen to like this bullshit.
  • Reply 26 of 53
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Poor judgment by the judge. As an inventor living in Australia, I'm not going to try any more, knowing that even if I hit upon a winner, other companies will be allowed to steal it.
  • Reply 27 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Poor judgment by the judge. As an inventor living in Australia, I'm not going to try any more, knowing that even if I hit upon a winner, other companies will be allowed to steal it.

And exactly what has been stolen?
  • Reply 28 of 53
    Quote:

yeah right
  • Reply 29 of 53
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Do you even know what was at issue?
  • Reply 30 of 53
    nairbnairb Posts: 253member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Orlando View Post

Does this mean Apple is now liable for damages for the loss of two months of Galaxy sales? Not that I imagine the number would be particularly high.

How high it would be depends on which arguements the judges accept. The lawyers for both parties sound more like the marketing department of the company they are not representing. Apple lawyers argue that Galaxy would decimate iPad sales, and Samsumg lawyers argue that Galaxy sales would barely impact on iPad sales. Lets see how quickly they both change their position if Samsung are entitled to damages.
  • Reply 31 of 53
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Really how long are we gonna be bombarded with this ridiculous battle. I give up trying to figure all this out. There must be a happy medium. Where that will be who knows. I honestly think that the iPad 3 will change it and make the competition be lacking. We will have to see.

Apple needs to keep up the fight to punish and teach the copycats an expensive lesson otherwise when Apple releases an iPad3 everybody will just start up their copy machines again.
  • Reply 32 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Apple needs to keep up the fight to punish and teach the copycats an expensive lesson otherwise when Apple releases an iPad3 everybody will just start up their copy machines again.

What copycats in Australia?
  • Reply 33 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post

Anyone actually gain anything from these lawsuits other then Microsoft and Nokia?

What did they gain? they have no products in the tablet space and no products in the phone space.
  • Reply 34 of 53
    pendergastpendergast Posts: 1,358member
    Let's all remember that this is all still regarding a *preliminary* injunction and that the case is still yet to be decided.

Time to go re-fill the popcorn tub.
  • Reply 35 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Let's all remember that this is all still regarding a *preliminary* injunction and that the case is still yet to be decided.

Time to go re-fill the popcorn tub.

Yap, the show will restart in March with the full trial
  • Reply 36 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

"Apple tried to stop us, copying their stuff, but the judge said that making it, look older was enough. Burma-Shave."

Ah, we have a winner.

Nope. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was physically redesigned in Germany (producing the Galaxy Tab 10.1N) in an attempt to bypass the community design in Germany. It has nothing to do with the case in Australia.

In Australia, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will not require any physical redesign to satisfy the courts for the purposes of the preliminary injunction -- in fact, the preliminary injunction simply doesn't exist anymore.
  • Reply 37 of 53
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    Now maybe Apple will try to win through innovation instead of silly look and feel litigation....
  • Reply 38 of 53
    EDIT:

I replied to a post that no longer exists...
  • Reply 39 of 53
    arasuarasu Posts: 32member
    Quote:

Please, for the sake of humanity.
  • Reply 40 of 53
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You speak for all people? I happen to like this bullshit.

But you forget - you are one of THEM. The rest of us hate this bullshit.