Apple accuses Samsung lawyers of stalling in court

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    srangersranger Posts: 473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iBill View Post

I see, a mutual admiration society among trolls. Good riddance to both of you.

Why do you think I am a troll?

I own two iPads, Two Macbook Pros, Two Mac Mini's.....

I do prefer Android Phones because they have a few Key features that help me in my work that the iPhones lack. In particular, the ability to download driver/firmware files from the internet and transmit them via USB to my clients computers without having to worry about getting on their WiFi systems. The voice guided Navigation in Android is significantly better than what is offered in the iDevices....

I basically like Apple products. I simply disagree with all of the Look and Feel lawsuits that Apple started.... I think that is hurts innovation and is not enforceable in the long run....

I have to ask. Why is it that Apple fanboys think that an Apple user must agree with ANYTHING that Apple does or they have to be a troll??????
  • Reply 22 of 38
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In a filing with the court, Apple noted that Samsung has produced very little evidence of late. Apple said Samsung has only produced 71 documents totaling 241 pages since Oct. 13, while Apple has provided over one million pages to the court.

I guess Apple could have used a really big font size but that's insane. How do they even have a million pages of anything? Maybe they should get their lawyers into software development. They'd churn out some decent Pro Apps in no time. Of course you wouldn't want to use them as the terms of use would be heavily in their favour but feature rich that's for sure.

Geez, it's no wonder Apple's cases are being overturned. The courts probably just don't want to deal with the paperwork.

Judge: Samsung do you have anything to submit to the court?

Samsung: Sure here's a couple of hundred pages.

Judge: Apple?

Apple: Here's a million pages.

Judge: Uh, yeah, Samsung you have a point, case dismissed.

I really hoped something more substantial would come of this court case with Samsung. They've been blatantly ripping off Apple's designs and the courts are doing nothing about it. I can see enough differences to avoid infringement but the intent is obvious. What is more irritating than anything is when the anti-Apple crowd come along and condemn Apple for the court cases suggesting they innovate instead, knowing full well Google ripped them off with Android and Samsung ripped off their hardware design. Ballmer was so smug about this sort of thing too saying that Apple couldn't win the long race, I'm sure it was because he felt innovation was limited and all the competition has to do is keep copying until the innovation dries up and then undercut the price.

That's how business people think. They treat creativity like office supplies. The Asian market seriously needs to get this attitude in order too. Plagiarism has become dangerously embedded in that culture. If Apple can't protect themselves from this, this problem is just going to escalate in future, the more that processing power allows such minimalist designs.
  • Reply 23 of 38
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

:

That's how business people think. They treat creativity like office supplies. The Asian market seriously needs to get this attitude in order too. Plagiarism has become dangerously embedded in that culture. If Apple can't protect themselves from this, this problem is just going to escalate in future, the more that processing power allows such minimalist designs.

Well said Marvin ? I think this is the battle of the century. If Western countries can't defend their intellectual property then the likes of Samsung will own the future, And that will be bad. When Samsung no longer has something to copy we will hit global stagnation.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    conradjoeconradjoe Posts: 1,887member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I really hoped something more substantial would come of this court case with Samsung.

Maybe if Apple's Army of lawyers would spend a little less time complaining, and a little more time, y'know, like actually working, things would improve.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    eric475eric475 Posts: 177member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sranger View Post

I do prefer Android Phones because they have a few Key features that help me in my work that the iPhones lack. In particular, the ability to download driver/firmware files from the internet and transmit them via USB to my clients computers without having to worry about getting on their WiFi systems. The voice guided Navigation in Android is significantly better than what is offered in the iDevices....

I basically like Apple products. I simply disagree with all of the Look and Feel lawsuits that Apple started.... I think that is hurts innovation and is not enforceable in the long run....

I have to ask. Why is it that Apple fanboys think that an Apple user must agree with ANYTHING that Apple does or they have to be a troll??????

People who have no intelligence resort to name-calling. To them, the world is black or white. Apple is always the angel in every situation and Samsun is an evil copycat.
  • Reply 26 of 38
    How few or many Apple products you own is not an indictment or endorsement to whether you are anti or pro Apple.

Your purchases have nothing to do with your complete ignorance of Patent Law and Corporate Law Practices being pulled by DC Lobbyists defending Motorola and Samsung.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    docno42docno42 Posts: 3,755member
    Quote:

So basically Apply is pouting when the other side uses the legal system it it's full advantage....

Huh? Where did Apples attorneys "pout"? Stop making shit up or ascribing emotions that weren't there.

And if you and the troll ConradJoe think filing standard motions are "hardball" - well, I can see why neither of you are lawyers
  • Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DocNo42 View Post

Huh? Where did Apples attorneys "pout"? Stop making shit up or ascribing emotions that weren't there.

And if you and the troll ConradJoe think filing standard motions are "hardball" - well, I can see why neither of you are lawyers

Yes,

When a bunch of lawyers who complain that the other side is stalling ( actually using valid legal tactics) I call it what it is pouting or whining if you prefer...

Also I never said these were not valid legal tactics, I simply said I though it was WRONG for Apple to go after these stupid look and fell law suits to start with... Simply because you can do something DOES NOT make it right....
  • Reply 29 of 38
    ibillibill Posts: 400member
    Quote:

Thanks for the update. It was all too easy in this case to lump you in with the other and I was perhaps too quick to make that judgement.

Nevertheless, I definitely disagree with your views on this topic. Apple has every right to defend their ip vigorously, and I hope that they are fully successful when this legal process runs its course.
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iBill View Post

Thanks for the update. It was all too easy in this case to lump you in with the other and I was perhaps too quick to make that judgement.

Nevertheless, I definitely disagree with your views on this topic. Apple has every right to defend their ip vigorously, and I hope that they are fully successful when this legal process runs its course.

Technology yes... Look and feel no... It is just my opinion...I respect your as well...
  • Reply 31 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

If Western countries can't defend their intellectual property

Western countries should close all of their unauthentic Asian restaurants. Stop copying others.

Quote:

then the likes of Samsung will own the future, And that will be bad. When Samsung no longer has something to copy we will hit global stagnation.

The Whopper was invented in 1957, and the Big Mac appeared ten years later.... No lawsuits, yet new and better sandwiches are still being made.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple In Cider View Post

The Whopper was invented in 1957, and the Big Mac appeared ten years later.... No lawsuits, yet new and better sandwiches are still being made.

If you think that they're in any way related, you need to get something checked out.
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Quote:

You're claiming that this:
    is a copy of this:
  • Reply 34 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If you think that they're in any way related, you need to get something checked out.

My point was that they are not related. Thanks for backing me up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You're claiming that this ... is a copy of this ...

Are these more confusing to you?

• Reply 35 of 38
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:

Are these more confusing to you?

You are the one that seems to be confused if you can't tell a Whooper from a Big Mac, if you think Burger King invented the hamburger, if you think a 7" tablet is identical to a 10" tablet, if you think patent infringement has to do solely with look and feel, or if you think Samsung's lawyer couldn't tell the 7" tab from the iPad.
  • Reply 36 of 38
    Quote:

Come off it. You know that's not the issue here.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    In all the threads that we've had on this issue of IP protection not a single Samsung defender has ever made an intelligent point. This hits an all-time low.
  • Reply 38 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

In all the threads that we've had on this issue of IP protection not a single Samsung defender has ever made an intelligent point. This hits an all-time low.

Who are you? You can say the same thing about Apple defenders. I think I will....

In all the threads that we've had on this issue of IP protection not a single Apple defender has ever made an intelligent point.

See?