Microsoft releases Kinectimals game, SkyDrive storage for iOS

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post

Firefly seems to think that is kind of "pointless" but I am with you!

I didn't say I think it's kind of pointless. I said it is kind of pointless.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

It's great that Microsoft has finally released the iOS app for SkyDrive. The UI is basic, but it gets the job done. Will see and compare it to dropbox.

Now if they only would release one for Windows Phone 7

They did. Here it is.

Apparently it lets you edit documents as well.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    is that it makes you pick the crappier product over the better one. I've tried to make Pages and Numbers work, I've really tried, but they are a joke compared to Office. The only thing Pages has on Word is that it is seamlessly compatible with my iPad 2; when I've written part of a document on my iPad, or modified it on my iPad, I've had crazy formatting issues that proved extremely obnoxious. I'd rather just carry my Air around and avoid the hassle...

...or pray that Microsoft makes Office for iOS.

[Note: I have Pages and Numbers on Lion as well as iOS 5 and it has potential, but if you don't think Office is superior you've lost it.]
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Firefly seems to think that is kind of "pointless" but I am with you! Why bring mediocrity to my Apple devices. And why reward companies that have no clue what consumers actually want - brilliantly designed, easy to use, technologically transparent products that enrich our lives, and not frustrate them. Just say no to mediocrity.

Seems pointless because why ignore products based on why company makes them rather than how good the product is.

Overall I'd have to say I've never really liked the UI of any of Googles products. But I do use them for my contacts for the simple reason that there the only one that will sync with OS X and WP7.

The same with Adobe. I'm not a huge fan of most of there products but I've yet to find a replacement for Photoshop or Fireworks, and it the price tag that makes me look not the fact Adobe make the product.

And with Apple. I love a lot of what they do and don't feel any need to replace my iPod or iMac. If Windows 8 tablets are a dissapointment then I'll buy an iPad but I'm not going to ignore either of them because of the brand. And I did replace my iPhone with WP7, again nothing to do with brand, I just think they've done a better job at making the UI cleaner, simpler, more minimalist using gestures rather than having lots of buttons. All the things I love about Apple products.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Firefly7475 View Post

They did. Here it is.

Apparently it lets you edit documents as well.

It's not really the app letting you edit the documents, it's more the fact that the phone natively will edit the documents so when you click them it oppens the corresponding app.

For WP7 I'm glad they released an identical copy of the app (particularly as it's a good illustration of the UI differences between iPhone and WP7), but most of the functions are already built into WP7 making it a little pointless.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Microsoft needs to get back to doing what it does best... Writing software... If they were to try and compete and innovate in the software space they will do a whole lot better than messing around trying to make an operating system for mobile devices.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    djsherlydjsherly Posts: 1,031member
    Quote:

Firefly seems to think that is kind of "pointless" but I am with you! Why bring mediocrity to my Apple devices. And why reward companies that have no clue what consumers actually want - brilliantly designed, easy to use, technologically transparent products that enrich our lives, and not frustrate them. Just say no to mediocrity.

Well you're missing out on Lightroom which to my mind is an amazing app for what it is sold for. I chose it over aperture after a lot of careful analysis.