Apple rumored to launch 2880x1800 Retina Display MacBook Pro in Q2 2012

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 104
    crunchcrunch Posts: 180member
    And can someone at Apple perhaps include the apparently far-fetched idea of using IPS panels??????????????? I love my MacBook Pro and the screen is nice, but nowhere near as nice as my Cinema Display, iPad and iPhone.

I'm all for extreme high res and 250+ PPI (drrrooool!) but please...no more TN trash.
  • Reply 102 of 104
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

And can someone at Apple perhaps include the apparently far-fetched idea of using IPS panels??????????????? I love my MacBook Pro and the screen is nice, but nowhere near as nice as my Cinema Display, iPad and iPhone.

I'm all for extreme high res and 250+ PPI (drrrooool!) but please...no more TN trash.

There are very few notebooks that offer them today and those that do charge a hefty price premium as well as much reduced longevity of user per charge. Better displays with higher resolutions and wider viewing angles along both axes will come but at least for now Apple has the best consumer notebook displays on the market.

I think the next round of MBPs will offer HiDPI displays but I'm not sure about IPS. LG offers a low power IPS technology that won't be as good for accurate color reproduction as the IPS in your iMac and then there are other low power display tech with wide viewing angles that are cropping up. The problem now seems to be getting production for these new technologies.
  • Reply 103 of 104
    It's a matter of time before Apple retina's the iPad, ...and the Mac line will follow in due course. Most probably the portable line that offers up the bulk of Mac sales.

...if Apple goes super hi-def on TVs...that happily coincides with iMacs/desktops getting some big screen/and/or retina love as well.

Lemon Bon Bon.
  • Reply 104 of 104
    Glad at least some folks here realize the importance of an IPS screen in a laptop as opposed to the TN panels that are currently used. All Apple laptops are useless for photo editing (or color grading in video, for that matter) on the go because of the extremely small viewing angle. Even tools such as Acratech's viewing angle gauge (http://acratech.net/product.php?productid=70) don't help b/c even if you are viewing the screen at the right angle, the lower part of your screen is brighter than the top (& only the middle of your screen is accurate).

I don't understand why Apple hasn't made it a priority to use an IPS panel in their laptops, especially in light of its existence in an iPad.