iPhone bug allows stolen phones to receive iMessages even after remote wipe

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

If someone steals your iPhone, as soon as they put a SIM in it or connect to WiFi then it shows up, anywhere on Earth with Internet and is available for find my phone and iMessages.

If you wanted to you could bombard the phone with thousands of photos and chew up a thief's data plan.

I'd troll the darkest corners of the net for the worst pictures I could find attach them to imessages and make a thief rue the day they stole my iphone.

I really hope they don't get rid of this.

Easily blocked via Settings. As I've passed my trusty 3gs down to others for wifi use, it was quite interesting to hear two devices chiming when iMessages arrived. It will be fixed, obviously, as it's a bit of a privacy concern (easily unblocked via Settings).
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Thats not to do with the radio of the phone. Petrol fume explosions can (apparently) be caused by minute sparks from your cell phone igniting petrol fumes. Which is complete bullshit. Theres more chance of you igniting the fumes by wearing a shell suit. LMAO

As for setting off explosives? Yes, the electrical field given off from a mobile phone can interfere with electronic devices, in this case the detonator. It would of course make no difference to the C4 which is a fairly stable compound. Your Li battery on fire would not detonate it

That's completely correct. In fact, the idea that your cell phone can ignite gas fumes is a myth. When you take a call at the pump, you're more inclined to get back into your vehicle, which increases your static electric charge, especially in the winter when theair is dry and you're wearing a fleece. When you return to the pump to remove it, a spark from your hand may discharge and ignite the fumes. This is easily resolved by touching your car to discharge any static build up before removing the pump.

NOW. what I really want to know is.... How do they know the messages are still going to the phone?? They must be getting a response, right? Wouldn't you inform the rebuyer they bought a hot phone and tell them how to return it? And if they refused, couldn't you inform the police or the carrier of the new phone number on the phone and have them track it down? Receiving stolen property is a crime too.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    My iPhone was stolen in July and only now are my friends who have the new software receiving iMessages from someone who isn't me. I have an old school LG flip phone that clearly does not have the new Apple iOS software. The messages that I send to people who have it are going to them but when they reply it is going to the person with my phone. The reply from the person is coming up as my name to my friends and the person is having legitimate conversations with them. I am not sure how to exactly stop this, so if anyone knows how to help I would greatly appreciate it!!!
  • Reply 24 of 24
    We have experienced this twice after repairing customer iPhones in our repair shop. The first time it happened we only installed our business sim card into the customers phone just to make sure the service worked. We de-installed our sim and re-installed his deactivated sim. After the repair, he went to ATT to get a new activated sim card and installed it. Later that day, he was getting our business text and we were getting his also. He restored his iPhone thru iTunes to clear up the issue. We now have a "do not install our sim card in customer phones" rule. We suspected imessage to be the problem.