RIM now worth less than Apple's App Store alone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CanadianThomas View Post

it used to be thiz was a verry insitful place.to get apple news. wtf has happened. we all get excited reading about a competitor to apple having issues? wow, too much for me. everyone here can take this childish fanboy attitude and enjoy it. ill be leaving to get news from more grown up sorces.

No the joke is what RIM has become thru mismanagement and a lack of adaptation to the market. Feel free to go elsewhere, but that won't change RIM being a complete fuck up. Sorry you can't watch a Canadian company get reamed, but they brought it on themselves
  • Reply 22 of 64
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

it used to be thiz was a verry insitful place.to get apple news. wtf has happened. we all get excited reading about a competitor to apple having issues? wow, too much for me. everyone here can take this childish fanboy attitude and enjoy it. ill be leaving to get news from more grown up sorces.

You sound like a butthurt Canadian.

Don't blame Apple fans because RIM sucks.

And amateur hour is over indeed, with RIM being a prime example of that.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    EIther some crooks are sorely disappointed or RiM found a way to make a profit on the PlayBook by filing an insurance claim. Seriously though, is there any viable avenue for RiM to pull itself out of this nosedive? I can see Nokia and MS holding on for years and then finding a way to crawl back with decent innovations but I can't see how RiM will make it work.
  • Reply 24 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can't wait for the article when RIM's worth less than the price of an unlocked iPhone 4S.

It's when they announce that you get two extra BlackBerry's if you take at least one free PlayBook.
  • Reply 25 of 64
    Quote:

I can't wait for the article when RIM's worth less than the price of an unlocked iPhone 4S.

Why, does it make your life better to see that the choice in phone you made is justified by the masses?
  • Reply 26 of 64
    You've got to be kidding...

I could have shown you what RIM is worth, but I just pushed the handle and flushed.
  • Reply 27 of 64
    Quote:

Why, does it make your life better to see that the choice in phone you made is justified by the masses?

• Reply 28 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SSquirrel View Post

No the joke is what RIM has become thru mismanagement and a lack of adaptation to the market. Feel free to go elsewhere, but that won't change RIM being a complete fuck up. Sorry you can't watch a Canadian company get reamed, but they brought it on themselves

No, thats not it at all. I don't care if Rim dies. Dont care at all. I'm just wondering why t makes the Apple fans here so happy? I just don't get it.
  • Reply 29 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You sound like a butthurt Canadian.

Don't blame Apple fans because RIM sucks.

And amateur hour is over indeed, with RIM being a prime example of that.

Dude, nothing in my post defends Rim, I do not care at all what happens to them. Just don't understand why you feel so good about it?
  • Reply 30 of 64
    Quote:

I don't get it?

Just so you all know. I'm an Apple tech for a living and have been an Apple computer user since day 1. I still have my original Apple ][. I just do not see why the Apple fans get so excited by bad news to others. This place has almost become as bad as Mac Daily News.

Before the intel switch the comments here were of a much higher calibre.
  • Reply 31 of 64
    Quote:

I don't get it?

Just so you all know. I'm an Apple tech for a living and have been an Apple computer user since day 1. I still have my original Apple ][. I just do not see why the Apple fans get so excited by bad news to others. This place has almost become as bad as Mac Daily News.

Maybe it's not about the demise but the correct prediction of a demise made many years ago. People tend to feel good when they are proven correct.

Not that anything is proof yet as Apple's market cap was below RiM's (though when you adjust for 15 years of inflation RiM is worse off) at one point and they pulled themselves up and out of the bog. I don't see how RiM won't be another Palm getting subsumed into another company like fetal resorption but I welcome such a comeback. People tend to feel good about underdog stories, too.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Dude, nothing in my post defends Rim, I do not care at all what happens to them. Just don't understand why you feel so good about it?

Well, I will explain it to you.

I love to see morons fail, it gives me many LOL's.

Especially loudmouthed, clueless companies who release poor products and declare that "Amateur hour is over"

They all deserve to go bankrupt. And it also gives me pleasure, because it makes many Apple haters even madder.
  • Reply 33 of 64
    Quote:

Bad Link
  • Reply 34 of 64
    Quote:

Bye Bye
  • Reply 35 of 64
    Quote:

Get some grammar and spelling lessons while you're there.

Quote:

No, thats not it at all. I don't care if Rim dies. Dont care at all. I'm just wondering why t makes the Apple fans here so happy? I just don't get it.

After that "Amateur Hours is Over" quip, it's nice to see such arrogance leading to failure. RIM talked the talk, then released a half-baked product missing the most rudimentary of functions. They DESERVE their failure.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

At one point RIM was the company to beat. It really isn't that long ago. I don't feel good about them going down. I pity their management - it must be unbelievably hard to get up in the morning to face ever more doom and gloom.

Maybe RIM can scale right back and become a strong niche player, and build from there, like Apple did upon the return of SJ. The problem is that the mobile phone space has become MUCH more competitive with some MAJOR players vying for position. With RIM still so far off coming out with a new OS it is hard to see how they can re-take lost ground. They are a one trick company and have been beaten at their own game.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    Apple should just buy them to get all of the patents.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by old-wiz View Post

Apple should just buy them to get all of the patents.

If any decent rumour leaked that Apple was going to buy RiM TW stock would jump and the buy would likely be around what Google paid for Moto. Plus, does Apple really need pager patents?
  • Reply 39 of 64
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    Quote:

Perhaps a lot of it has to do with RIM's original comments about the arrival of the iPhone. Sort of like Michael Dell's comments these things get filed away for the day they get to eat their words. Remember Microsoft held a funeral for the iPhone ... they are on my list to smile at when they crash and burn with their iPhone challenge.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    Quote:

I don't get it?

I was making light of this article in general and proposing (in no seriousness) that a similar one be written once the value of RIM falls so low as to be laughable. I deemed 'laughable' to be the value of the company equalling that of a single smartphone. As this is an Apple site, the only appropriate smartphone choice would be Apple's own, since RIM's their competitor.

Now do you see why jokes aren't as funny when they have to be explained?

Quote:

Just so you all know. I'm an Apple tech for a living and have been an Apple computer user since day 1.

The only people who validate their status as 'Apple fans' like this, I've come to find, are the ones who are the most critical of Apple.

Quote:

This place has almost become as bad as Mac Daily News.

When it gets as bad as macosrumors.com, then we'll talk. Don't? don't go to that link. They don't deserve even a SINGLE hit for ad revenue from absolutely anyone.

Quote:

I think you're lost; you're supposed to be saying this on MacRumors. Isn't that their old standby these days?