Sony's PlayStation Vita launch tripped up by bugs; Android 4.0 update on hold

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 27
    hey look, it's a PSP!
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeanSolecki View Post


    I started reading AI because it was less biased than macrumors, but it really depends on the author. Most of the forum-goers seems to be foaming-at-the-mouth-rabid fanbois, however. It's like a car crash, though; you can't help but look. \



    I prefer the train-wreck metaphor, much more visceral if you ask me, what with all the epic twisting and splitting that you just can't get with a car crash.



    What's interesting though, is that there are so many rabidly ANTI-apple posters here (whether it be the diehard Windows devotees, or more recently Android aficionados, or the <insert_product_that_competes_with_something_apple _produces_here> supporters). They come out of the woodwork to point out Apple's latest guffaw, assert the impending death of an Apple product (or just Apple itself - do we even know what the "Death Knell" counter is up to now?), or my personal favorite - the altruistic souls who come to educate the unwashed Apple product using masses on why they're using the wrong device (historically it's the "you pay too much for Mac hardware" parrots, but lately there's a lot of Fandroids trying to show the iPhone users why they should'e thrown in their lot with the Google camp).
  • Reply 23 of 27
    clauclau Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quamb View Post


    Damn this place has gone down hill over the last few years... It seems no corner of the internet can have normal discussion without being infested by fanboys and haters.



    You realise that other devices and tech by other companies can actually be, you know, worth while and in fact pretty awesome...?



    The PS Vita looks great, and many gamers are excited to see how Sony play this one out. Oh, and once again the usual calls of a dying Nintendo were proven ridiculously out of touch as the 3DS has been a smash hit over the Christmas buying period, breaking many records. But judging by the comments I read here on AI, both Nintendo and Sony are pathetic "amateurs" who are destined for failure. Go figure.



    My take on the Nintendo-Sony situation is that, Nintendo always has a history of outselling Sony and once the novelty wears off, long term sales generally falls off. Sony usually has a better machine and way better games and selection. The lower than Nintendo sales is to be expected.



    In terms of mobile gaming alone, it's a different study as most people and kids 10 years or older (for safety they say) will need a phone and all the smart phones have games, so portable machine like the 3DS and Vita becomes secondary 'luxury' option for mobile gaming. Overall demand will not be as strong as when the DS and the PSP first debut. I still remember those little pocket size 'Game & Watch' gaming machines in the 80's, good times...
  • Reply 24 of 27
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,018member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quamb View Post


    Damn this place has gone down hill over the last few years... It seems no corner of the internet can have normal discussion without being infested by fanboys and haters.



    You realise that other devices and tech by other companies can actually be, you know, worth while and in fact pretty awesome...?



    The PS Vita looks great, and many gamers are excited to see how Sony play this one out. Oh, and once again the usual calls of a dying Nintendo were proven ridiculously out of touch as the 3DS has been a smash hit over the Christmas buying period, breaking many records. But judging by the comments I read here on AI, both Nintendo and Sony are pathetic "amateurs" who are destined for failure. Go figure.



    Over the years? You have 99 posts.



  • Reply 25 of 27
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Re: Sony:



    Hardware is easy. Software is hard. Sony's strength is their hardware. Not good enough in the 21st century.



    Re: Ice Cream Sandwich:



    Hey Google: next time you do a public beta, tell everyone first. It's only fair.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Originally Posted by quamb

    Damn this place has gone down hill over the last few years... It seems no corner of the internet can have normal discussion without being infested by fanboys and haters.



    You realise that other devices and tech by other companies can actually be, you know, worth while and in fact pretty awesome...?



    The PS Vita looks great, and many gamers are excited to see how Sony play this one out. Oh, and once again the usual calls of a dying Nintendo were proven ridiculously out of touch as the 3DS has been a smash hit over the Christmas buying period, breaking many records. But judging by the comments I read here on AI, both Nintendo and Sony are pathetic "amateurs" who are destined for failure. Go figure.







    Bravo!
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BoxMacCary View Post


    Nice little machine, but the dea of a "game machine" is woefully outmoded.



    You don't have a phone and a flipcam -- the cam's in the phone.



    Same thing with phones and game machines -- the GPU'S in phones & tablets arr no slouches now & they improve yearly.



    You think a new Vita's gonna come out year?!?



    Nope.



    And they can update the OS from now until next Tuesday & that'll still change nothing.



    Plus, SONY getting a shiv in the back?



    This is to be expected when you climb into bed with Android.







    Read that twice, but still didn't quite get your point?



    Would you also suggest that my nice DSLR camera was also a silly puchase, cuz the iPhone has a camera built in? Surely you aren't serious?



    You can't compare the gaming experince on a tablet or smart phone to that on a dedicated handheld console, which has actual controls?



    Hmmmm....
Sign In or Register to comment.