The next ten years of Apple Retail

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    I don't know what the problem is, but I was there tonight, they kept me waiting for an hour past my appointment time and, when the guy finally shows up, he hasn't any idea what to do about my problem. Then, he lies about the appointment - I get a notification on my iPhone that, oops, the appointment time has passed and "Ben" is now helping somebody else, sorry we missed you. This of course so that Apple doesn't send that follow-up email asking you how you enjoyed your experience. As soon as I find out how to reach whomever is in charge of this end of things, I'll be letting them know.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    I have watched in amazement over the years the growth of Apple Stores. They are brilliant but with it comes the ending of Apple's channel partners. One by one they being forced to close as Apple makes impossible demands on small business to compete directly with Apple. i remember when a new Apple store opened near me and my friends said don't worry it will be like the MacDonald's affect you will get more people to your business because your are nearby. Unfortunately not true. the minute that store opened my phone stopped ringing. it was a good ride as one of my friends in Amsterdam said when Apple raised his sales quota form $100,000 per year in sales to $600,000. But thats what big corporations do best, kill small business.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BoxMacCary View Post

This is ridiculous ....

Haven't people gotten past these "Look Into The Future" presentations yet?

This is shopping in the future: Dad, Mom & the kids gather 'round the viewscreen, pick what they want,

complete with demoholos and the friendly FedUPS man drops it at thier doorstep in 2 or 3 days.

Science!

Er you are thinking of Dell... In the Apple store, you can walk out with your new Mac, and even have your old PC data moved over free. Get it now, in your hands.

Michael Dell says hi and thanks for trying to help him. :-)
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gprovida View Post

I have been disappointed that a lot of Apple's adoption of new technologies [at some risk] have not been fully appreciated. I remember things like the first affordable and simple Airport base stations, migration to USB, going floppy-less, embedded antennas, compact hinge laptops, dropping CRT monitors, magnetic power adaptor, drive to fan less and noise less hardware, firewire replace SCSI, Bonjour self-configuring, Thunderbolt not going Blueray, etc.

The 21st Century has had a lot of changes from Apple that are talked about a lot iMac, iPod, iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, Macbook Airs, etc., but these other changes were controversial, disruptive, and leading edge. In almost all cases they were adopted by the industry as a whole and their Apple precedents forgotten.

I totally agree. So much so that it bears repeating.

Apple leading the world, whether it knows it or not. LOL

en