Thousands line up in China ahead of Friday launch of Apple's iPhone 4S

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Since Samsung can't copy this, they resort to making fun of it

Microsoft copied the stores, but can't seem to get people to line up for it. They have to resort to pathetic promos like giving away free Miley Cyrus tickets at some Microsoft Store grand openings to get people to show up. The girls who lined up for that didn't give a rats ass about Windows, Zune, or Xbox.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    just_mejust_me Posts: 590member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

True! At least 10% of Apple products get shipped to Samsung HW for dissection.

Samsung makes the parts for apple. No need for dissection. They know what goes in it
  • Reply 43 of 53
    just_mejust_me Posts: 590member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

Not sure about 200, but they sure need a lot more. The demand is huge in China, but the way those people got the iphones is very inefficient. Basically, people in China produced the iphones, then shipped to US to sell, then bought by people who'd then ship back to China and sell at a higher price. If Apple could just meet the demand in China through stores in China, that'd be great for Apple because more people would be able to get them without all this hassle and wasted resources.

if you buy from apple from the USA, it gets shipped from the factory in china directly to you.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Woah! What happened here?
  • Reply 45 of 53
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

99% of these people are buying it to resale...

Damned Americans, lining up in China, to buy up all the iPhones to send them back to their gringo friends. They took our jobs!
  • Reply 46 of 53
    cameronjcameronj Posts: 2,357member
    Quote:

If Apple could just meet the demand in China through stores in China, that'd be great for Apple because more people would be able to get them without all this hassle and wasted resources.

You mean like they're doing in the pictures above?
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Let me throw my name into the mix. I agree with the original poster.

What is your pick?

As far as importance goes? I'd wager that the companies that provide a large majority of the world with food and clean water and electricity and other such essentials are vastly more important than Apple even will ever attempt to be.

Apple is important in tech, had he used the qualifier "tech company" I'd agree with him wholeheartedly...but he did not, he was rather general...and with that I figured most people would disagree, despite how much they love Apple products.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fast Fred 1 View Post

Of course ...why would you purchase and apple product if you didn't like it.

Exactly. This is the rational thing. But you should have been here when the trolls called anyone who bought an Apple product a fanboy
  • Reply 49 of 53
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

As far as importance goes? I'd wager that the companies that provide a large majority of the world with food and clean water and electricity and other such essentials are vastly more important than Apple even will ever attempt to be.

Apple is important in tech, had he used the qualifier "tech company" I'd agree with him wholeheartedly...but he did not, he was rather general...and with that I figured most people would disagree, despite how much they love Apple products.

They need a like button.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Drax7 View Post

Apple is the most important company in the USA. Love to see people around the world admiring apple.

Uh, no.

Apple is arguably the most important company to those who have a paycheck that says Apple.

There are probably fifty US companies that are more ultimately important than Apple. You'll find their names if you look up the Dow Jones Industrial Index components. Heck, Berkshire-Hathaway is more important than Apple and they just make the S&P 500 a couple of years ago.

It's nice to see people around the world admiring Apple, that much I agree with.

This also brings up the opportunity for us to ask why the other 499 CEOs of the Fortune 500 don't increase shareholder value as much as Apple does (Steve Jobs and then Tim Cook). Why are those CEOs being paid so much? Steve's salary was a dollar a year.
  • Reply 51 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbsoluteDesignz View Post

So, according to you, General Mills (food), Fiji Water (water), and Thunder Basin Coal Company (electricity) are more important than Apple? (The original poster qualified by saying 'American.' )

Curious: Do you spend a lot of time on coal/food/water company forums? If not, why not?
  • Reply 52 of 53
    Quote:

So, according to you, General Mills (food), Fiji Water (water), and Thunder Basin Coal Company (electricity) are more important than Apple? (The original poster qualified by saying 'American.' )

Curious: Do you spend a lot of time on coal/food/water company forums? If not, why not?

haha, good point…
  • Reply 53 of 53
    Quote:

Or you know. Water filtration. Food processing. And the power plants are vastly more important than Apple.

Tell me. Without water and food to do a little thing like sustain such a large population and electricity to power electrical devices where the hell would Apple be with billions of dead humans and no electricity?

Where would billions of people be without Apple?

You lost this argument. Give up.

(Feel free to change billions into hundreds of millions because he did qualify America)