RBC ups Apple stock price target to $525 due to 'iPhone frenzy'

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


    The constant analyst pushing of Apple is a big flashing neon sign that they all need fired since it's obvious Apple won't be getting to $666 by next month.



    Just for that statement, I feel a need to buy 100 Feb 18 contracts with a $500 strike. For a mere $5,000 invested I would make $1.6M!!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Habañero View Post


    ... and there's no WAY this bubble will burst...



    How is it a bubble when the PE ratio is only about 15?! The stock is undervalued by any rational means.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AkamaiGuy View Post


    How is it a bubble when the PE ratio is only about 15?! The stock is undervalued by any rational means.



    Ah, so you think the markets are rational? This could be a problem.



    To keep your head straight, you should consider that a forward PE of 12 (not at all unheard of for AAPL) takes the stock price down to around $300. I'm not predicting this, but then I make it a habit to not predict anything. Anyone who's got any experience with investing, especially if they've been through the last 12 brutal years in the markets, knows to never say never.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 4,385member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post


    Apple will have to throw in the towel and guide modest Q2 and Q3 due to lack of a competitive iPhone model. Europe has already lost interest despite Cook's promises last summer to address the market.

    LTE/4"+ device better be released this year or the US/Asia will follow.



    This is a perfect example as to why clueless tech-heads/nerds have no business making consumer products. If we listened to you, Apple would be like Android - a total mess.



    Of course, I'm going under the assumption that you're not just trolling this forum with your fabricated nonsense, and that you have not responded to anyone's reply.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    jason98jason98 Posts: 761member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sflocal View Post


    This is a perfect example as to why clueless tech-heads/nerds have no business making consumer products. If we listened to you, Apple would be like Android - a total mess.



    Of course, I'm going under the assumption that you're not just trolling this forum with your fabricated nonsense, and that you have not responded to anyone's reply.



    No need to respond now. Let's back to this thread after the earnings call and q2 guidance release.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post


    No need to respond now. Let's back to this thread after the earnings call and q2 guidance release.



    No, let's discuss why Apple didn't release a 4" LTE iPhone in 2009 right now.



    Seems to me that that's not what people as a whole really want. Apple's not in the market of giving every single person exactly what they want; they've never been.



    You know those scatter charts you often see? The ones with a bunch of data points? And there's generally a single line drawn up through them that is the average of all the points or whatever?



    That's Apple. They look at the field, they aim for the highest concentration, and they take it with one shot.



    It's not because they can only afford one arrow or that their bowstring snaps after the first shot, they just don't need another one.



    One shot, one kill. Apple is the sniper of the industry, but they're sniping successfully with a shotgun.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    adamcadamc Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post


    Apple will have to throw in the towel and guide modest Q2 and Q3 due to lack of a competitive iPhone model. Europe has already lost interest despite Cook's promises last summer to address the market.

    LTE/4"+ device better be released this year or the US/Asia will follow.



    Europe is broke that's why they can only afford the poor man's iPhone.



    Apple is betting on the China card which is more promising.



    No reason to release half baked products which is more damaging than being late but a best I. its class products.



    Btw all the pundits condemned the 4s but the public loved it, need I say more.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post


    Ah, so you think the markets are rational? This could be a problem.



    To keep your head straight, you should consider that a forward PE of 12 (not at all unheard of for AAPL) takes the stock price down to around $300. I'm not predicting this, but then I make it a habit to not predict anything. Anyone who's got any experience with investing, especially if they've been through the last 12 brutal years in the markets, knows to never say never.



    I thought the Forward P/E for AAPL at the levels it's at now (or actually the levels it was at about a month ago) takes it down to a 9 or 10?



    As for AAPL's price movement this year. Predicting might be a fool's errand, but not necessarily illogical. AAPL Stock has had the fear card used against it, ad nausea, for years now ("Never gonna hit 2, 3, 4 hundred, etc.). I don't think that anyone disagree's that AAPL should be at well over $500 right now. The reasons it isn't clearly lies around the holdback on the Stock after Mr. Jobs' unfortunate health situations arose, and the aftermaths that followed.



    I'll just put it this way, just as they said in 2011 that "If AAPL doesn't hit $400, it will be a big upset", which was said at around June, btw, when the Stock was fumbling around the mid $300's, then dropped to almost $300 before racing up, I feel that if AAPL doesn't heavily surpass the $500 mark this year, it'll be a huge upset. A favorable reaction from Wall Street after Q1's Earnings Call can send the stock to the high $400's already, putting $500 in near sight. Of course, the other way around can happen as well.



    As a longer term Investor, regardless of Wall Street's knee-jerk reaction to this call, I have no doubts that the Stock's pressure will release as new Products roll out, people get confident in the "New Management" (which is the always-Management), and it will move to levels well beyond $500. Hopefully I'm right.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post


    I thought the Forward P/E for AAPL at the levels it's at now (or actually the levels it was at about a month ago) takes it down to a 9 or 10?



    As for AAPL's price movement this year. Predicting might be a fool's errand, but not necessarily illogical. AAPL Stock has had the fear card used against it, ad nausea, for years now ("Never gonna hit 2, 3, 4 hundred, etc.). I don't think that anyone disagree's that AAPL should be at well over $500 right now. The reasons it isn't clearly lies around the holdback on the Stock after Mr. Jobs' unfortunate health situations arose, and the aftermaths that followed.



    I'll just put it this way, just as they said in 2011 that "If AAPL doesn't hit $400, it will be a big upset", which was said at around June, btw, when the Stock was fumbling around the mid $300's, then dropped to almost $300 before racing up, I feel that if AAPL doesn't heavily surpass the $500 mark this year, it'll be a huge upset. A favorable reaction from Wall Street after Q1's Earnings Call can send the stock to the high $400's already, putting $500 in near sight. Of course, the other way around can happen as well.



    As a longer term Investor, regardless of Wall Street's knee-jerk reaction to this call, I have no doubts that the Stock's pressure will release as new Products roll out, people get confident in the "New Management" (which is the always-Management), and it will move to levels well beyond $500. Hopefully I'm right.



    My mistake, I meant to type "trailing" PE. Sorry to have confused matters.



    You must be reading different analysts than the ones I see. Many of the current one-year price targets are over $500 (the average now according to Yahoo Finance is $511), and they've been projected for 25%+ annual stock price growth by street consensus for years. The street has been bullish on AAPL for a long time. I've been in this stock for nearly 15 years so I see a vast difference in the psychology and coverage over the last five years or so.



    The main reason I hesitate to predict anything in the stock markets, even for a stock I follow closely like AAPL, is the existential factors that have nothing to do with Apple's performance as a company. Everybody is watching Europe out of the corners of their eyes. If the eurozone can't control their debt crisis and it turns into a full-scale banking crisis, then we're all fried.



    I feel the markets have already fully absorbed the news of Steve's demise, so that particular "risk factor" for AAPL is no longer in play. But in the end the markets only believe in the numbers anyway. Cook and his team will have to produce earnings growth.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I see what you're saying. I do think that Steve's shadow still strongly looms over the company. If Steve didn't get sick, I have little doubt that this Stock would be at like $800 or so (playing the fool's game again, lol). Just today, some idio-Analysts had a show stating that "Apple has 6-12 months" BS, with statements like "they need to prove that they can innovate without Steve". People are still on the lookout, but yes, numbers will do most of the talking.
Sign In or Register to comment.