Apple iOS leading among corporate users, Android deemed most risky

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 27
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post


    NSA for one



    Suspect Google and samsung all the other android oem



    http://news.techworld.com/security/3...on-of-android/



    Interesting article. Does anyone know if DoD is actually using it themselves, rather than just developing it as an option? DoE is using iOS.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    What kind of joke of a company would ever dare to use Android?



    Any employees that worked for me would immediately be fired if they tried to conduct any official company business using their Android phone, as those employees would be deemed incompetent fools who are introducing severe security risks to the firm.









    US Government



    Samsung is the 2nd manufacturer to receive the US Government's stamp of approval.



    RIM's Blackberry was the first.



    Not even Apple received any FIPS certification from them.



    Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-certification
  • Reply 23 of 27
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 8,431member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


    Not even Apple received any FIPS certification from them.



    It's not like Apple was refused. I believe that they're currently in the process of getting that certification.



    "People ask why Apple doesn't seem to be in the [government] game; now it looks like they're in the game," said Randall Easter, director of NIST's cryptographic module validation program.



    http://searchconsumerization.techtar...0-2-compliance
  • Reply 24 of 27
    x38x38 Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post


    US Government



    Samsung is the 2nd manufacturer to receive the US Government's stamp of approval.



    RIM's Blackberry was the first.



    Not even Apple received any FIPS certification from them.



    Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-certification



    iOS devices are heavily used by the US government. From what I have seen anecdotally, far more so than Android devices. I have not personally seen a federal employee with a government issued Android, but I have seen many with iOS. In fact, iOS is the only other government issued mobile device I have seen myself besides BB.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    x38x38 Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    all NSA wants is to install spyware on your shitty Android phone so they can spy on your ignorant a%$



    Android itself is the spyware. It just happens to report to Google instead of NSA by default.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FriedLobster View Post


    all NSA wants is to install spyware on your shitty Android phone so they can spy on your ignorant a%$



    So NSA want to spy on Google spying on people? Or it want to spy on people already spied by Google?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    chronsterchronster Posts: 1,894member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post


    What kind of joke of a company would ever dare to use Android?



    Any employees that worked for me would immediately be fired if they tried to conduct any official company business using their Android phone, as those employees would be deemed incompetent fools who are introducing severe security risks to the firm.







    Android disgusts me and so do Fandroids. Can you believe that AT&T had the nerve to send me a physical letter offering me two free Android phones last week?



    I'm sure they would welcome the dismissal as working for such a buffoon would no doubt be enough to drive anyone crazy.



    You want to know the type of person I fire? Morons like you who don't get their work done because they're too busy playing on their phone or complaining about products they don't own and clearly don't want to own.



    In fact, if you were working for me, I'd be embarrassed and in fear for my own job for ever hiring such an imbecile.
Sign In or Register to comment.