Apple releases iTunes 10.5.3 with iBooks 2 textbook syncing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

I'm pointing out what was said in your very first post, which is what I originally responded to with details about the difference between binary files and images. After which you detailed all of the components of the application bundle, and derided me for not somehow seeing that was in your mind when you made the first post.

If you would have posted those details in the first place, I would have accepted your argument and not bothered to clarify anything. But instead I now find myself battling revisionist history...

1) I was clear when I wrote BINARIES and APP. You didn't read clearly enough, accept it.

2) It was after I dissected the parts of the iTunes app because you failed to understand that you then made an asinine comment about humpback whales. The context should be clear to all native English speakers but if you had an issue you should have inquired as to the meaning instead of claiming that binaries are half the size of the app. Now you're just backpedaling because you failed to comprehend the difference between a binary and the Mac OS X app.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

But instead I now find myself battling revisionist history...

Ooh! If you want to battle revisionist history, come to the "monster release" iPhone thread with me and help me set the "iPhone 5" crowd straight!
  • Reply 23 of 31
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    My update was only 10MB via software update.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

My update was only 10MB via software update.

Have they been doing this with tertiary point updates to iTunes (and other apps) within Software Updater? Regardless, I do like see this smaller update sizes.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Have they been doing this with tertiary point updates to iTunes (and other apps) within Software Updater? Regardless, I do like see this smaller update sizes.

It looks like this is so.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Too bad this update didn't address the iOS 5 and iTunes wireless syncing error bug. . It's starting to get very annoying (unsure if it's an iTunes or iOS bug). I get about 10-20 a day (because 4 devices sync wirelessly).

"Unknown error 0xE800007F"

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16379356#16379356
  • Reply 27 of 31
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member
    iTunes 10.5.3 does not recognize/sync purchases from my iTunes U app on iPad

One problem after the next on this rollout. Syncing in general on iTunes continues to deteriorate, IMO. Come on Apple
  • Reply 28 of 31
    red oakred oak Posts: 1,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

iTunes 10.5.3 does not recognize/sync purchases from my iTunes U app on iPad

One problem after the next on this rollout. Syncing in general on iTunes continues to deteriorate, IMO. Come on Apple

Another example - When I download a textbook, it does not show up under "Books" on iTunes. I can go on and on about how the flow and content management of all this was not well thought out
  • Reply 29 of 31
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Now you're just backpedaling because you failed to comprehend the difference between a binary and the Mac OS X app.

There is no difference for a lot of Mac OS X apps. Launch /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type:

ls /usr/bin

There's about 500 Mac OS X apps in that folder which are just binary files. For those apps, the binary file _is_ the app.

This is why I like to make the distinction clear between an app and an application bundle. Because, when I think about apps, I think about all types of applications I've used (not just Mac OS X application bundles).
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Theres been a bug for a while where it fails up unpack the iTunes extras videos properly and so bonus content is seemedly missing when running iTunes extras (bought in a recent version of iTunes). Does anyone have the problem and do thy know if it has been fixed in version 10.5.3. Thanks.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    [removed by author]