Apple claims ownership of digital photography patents asserted by Kodak

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    So Apple owns the patent on digital cameras!?

"I AM RIVETED!" as Jim Rose used to say.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GotWake View Post

It always amazes me how no matter what the circumstances, Apple is the bad guy. Apple isn't suppose to do anything to protect it's IP or protect itself from litigation over patents it probably owns. Kodak stopped innovating and now the company will die. It's unfortunate, but it's not Apple's fault.

Bingo. This is DaHarder's (and other trolls') bias: Apple is always the bad guy. All their conclusions are derived from this premise.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Kodak is a largely American company, proving American jobs, just trying to survive these financially tumultuous times while posing little-to-no threat to Apple's precious 'bottom line', so this is all too disheartening.

Apple had best hope that Karma never catches up to them.

Karma did catchup... to Kodak for stealing.

They are now going to come back as a slug... wait that already happened. I mean they are going to come back as toe jam.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

"Eastman Kodak Co.'s (EKDKQ) bankruptcy judge on Wednesday said he won't reject Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) ownership claims on certain Kodak patents but that his decision shouldn't hinder Kodak from including them in a planned sale of its patent portfolio that the company hopes will lead to a successful restructuring."

"Kodak earlier this week said an auction for its patents will be set for Aug. 8, although its procedures for the auction and sale must still be approved by Judge Gropper. "