Coming up: Stereoscopic monitors?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    Siegel's monitors are the future. To say otherwise is like Dvorak saying Mice are toys and not to be taken seriously.

Who would ever want a computer with a 'mouse' *scoff*.

Who would ever want a 'spooky Three Dimemsional display. *scoff*.

(um, me?)
  • Reply 22 of 25
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 23 of 25
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    Seb, LCD displays are already overpriced. Add another LCD layer to the display the price will rocket up even further. All for what? For 3d viewing? 3d viewing of WHAT???

This is NOT the future of computing, and to compare these displays to mice is preposterous. The mouse introduced an entirely new paradigm to computing, but these 3d LCD displays do not offer anything new. 3d viewing has been around for decades, and it never catches on because it's too expensive and complex for what it offers.

Certainly for gaming this sort of display might have applications, but think about it--wouldn't virtual reality goggles offer the same 3d display properties at a fraction of the cost? And how popular are such goggles today? Yeah, that's what I thought. Nobody dons a pair of 3d goggles to write a paper or design something in photoshop, they use them for games.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    timotimo Posts: 353member
    It seems to me that 3D (or layered simulations of 3D) monitors would be incredibly useful for object-oriented CAD/CAM programs, if they could get the kinks out.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member