FBI file on Steve Jobs reveals he was considered for White House position

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Apple defenders like to tell people "If you don't like it, don't buy it". So if you don't like the United States government, then don't live in the United States. Isn't that what you would have said if Steve Jobs was President?
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

...iFBI

LOL
  • Reply 43 of 44
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alphadork View Post

One of the individuals interviewed by the FBI said that he did not think that Jobs was ethical or trustworthy, but that Jobs was nonethteless definitely qualified for a government appointment, because such jobs do not require any ethics. Ha!

From context, it's pretty obvious that the interviewee was Woz. I love that guy.

That quote seems to have been from someone who:

"did not receive any stock, which would have made him quite wealthy now"

so probably not Woz but someone with a grudge. Good sense of humour though.

Quote:

He belonged to no organisations other than the New York Athletic Club however he had never been in the New York Athletic Club

Bloody gym memberships, no one is safe.

Quote:

1991 -

Jobs was well off and had more money than he could spend in a lifetime and his chief concern was how that wealth would be used after he was gone

vegetarian and did a great deal of jogging, well off but not a big spender

This stuff is more interesting than the biography. Lived modestly as a multi-millionaire but was making plans for how his wealth would be used after he died, 20 years before it happened.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

No kidding, just yesterday my Jewish neighbors were dragged from there home and shot in the street. The incredible ignorance demonstrated by people never ceases to amaze me. REALLY, Nazi Germany. No wonder our education system isn't getting fixed.

I hope they add geography to your curriculum.