Apple said to be in 'crunch mode' to ready 'iPad 3' apps for on-stage demos, ads

Comments

• Reply 21 of 57
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShAdOwXPR View Post

Well the LTE is not being mention on any of the sources damn!!!

BGR mentioned they found evidence for a CDMA/GSM/CDMA2000/UMTS/LTE worldmode chip along with the quad-core CPU support. That's all I've seen.
  • Reply 22 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Of course, all the iWorks type , prosumer apps will be going iPad

Touché
  • Reply 23 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Control panels for grading, audio mixing etc. There are already a couple of rudimentary apps out there, but hopefully this new hardware kick starts more development down this path.

Having a complimentary app for FCP X would be great for encouraging more FCP X sales, and if they also release APIs for this type of cross app support they help encourage more Mac sales in general while strengthening their ecosystem. Of course, this is easier said than done or perhaps I'm completely missing something as I still can't figure out why Lion doesn't have iMessages.
  • Reply 24 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

How about at least an iPad app that works with FCP X on the Mac utilizing the AirPlay tech in the background. I can think of many actions that would be easier to use with your fingers on the iPad while seeing the results on the Mac.

Boom!
  • Reply 25 of 57
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:

How about at least an iPad app that works with FCP X on the Mac utilizing the AirPlay tech in the background. I can think of many actions that would be easier to use with your fingers on the iPad while seeing the results on the Mac.

I do that now with Splashtop. Not using Airplay of course but total control.
  • Reply 26 of 57
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Touché

Actually I admit FCP X is now getting there
  • Reply 27 of 57
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Here it comes.

Crysis 3.

On the iPad.
  • Reply 28 of 57
    I'm not an early adopter. Just got my iPhone 3GS 2 yrs ago and my 4S last fall. Bought an Apple TV in Nov. I'll get the iPad 3 IF I deem the value proposition worthwhile. A hi-res screen is the minimum I'd take, but maybe I'll wait till next year when even better iPad cameras are in the unit. I find my iPhone and Apple TV fine for now.

I'm amazed by all these people who just can't wait. Didn't you all learn 'delay gratification' in kindergarten? Supposedly the first more adult behaviour we learn.
  • Reply 29 of 57
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    With all that power and that delicious screen the iPad3 is the new laptop. Oh wait... that would make it a computer, wouldn't it? Just kidding but seriously, with the Adonit Writer it should be able to do some pretty serious computing.
  • Reply 30 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

FCP X iPad!

Oh, boy... I sure hope so.

AND I'd love to see a real control surface styled UI for GarageBand and Logic.
  • Reply 31 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

Control panels for grading, audio mixing etc. There are already a couple of rudimentary apps out there, but hopefully this new hardware kick starts more development down this path.

We're on the same wavelength here.
  • Reply 32 of 57
    Quote:

Having a complimentary app for FCP X would be great for encouraging more FCP X sales, and if they also release APIs for this type of cross app support they help encourage more Mac sales in general while strengthening their ecosystem. Of course, this is easier said than done or perhaps I'm completely missing something as I still can't figure out why Lion doesn't have iMessages.

I still can't figure out why I need iChat, iMessage and FaceTime as separate applications. These all need to be ONE APP with mode switching.
  • Reply 33 of 57
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple II Plus View Post

I'm amazed by all these people who just can't wait. Didn't you all learn 'delay gratification' in kindergarten? Supposedly the first more adult behaviour we learn.

Wait for what exactly?

Some people are doers and others are procrastinators. I am a doer.
  • Reply 34 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Oh, boy... I sure hope so.

AND I'd love to see a real control surface styled UI for GarageBand and Logic.

They already exist. There are multiple apps to control Logic, I should know, because I use them.

The best one at the moment seems to be V-Control Pro.
  • Reply 35 of 57
    Quote:

I still can't figure out why I need iChat, iMessage and FaceTime as separate applications. These all need to be ONE APP with mode switching.

I never use iChat or FaceTime. I use Adium. However, if those Lion apps were rolled into iMessages I think there is a strong likelihood I wouldn't be using Adium.
  • Reply 36 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

They already exist. There are multiple apps to control Logic, I should know, because I use them.

The best one at the moment seems to be V-Control Pro.

That's just the issue, isn't it? Apple should write their own control surface app. Theirs would blow the others out of the water.
  • Reply 37 of 57
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:

We're on the same wavelength here.

I just don't want to spend a couple/few grand on a dedicated/single-purpose control surface for DaVinci/Color use at home!
  • Reply 38 of 57
    Quote:

That's just the issue, isn't it? Apple should write their own control surface app. Theirs would blow the others out of the water.

Perhaps. I wouldn't mind seeing an Apple branded app, just to see how good it is. But you should also look into the current available offerings, because V-Control Pro is pretty good and it costs 50 dollars, but I find it to be worth it. It's not some amateur app for bozos. Apple is going to have to make a pretty good app, with some awesome features if they want to better that one.
  • Reply 39 of 57
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

iPhoto

Very likely

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wurm5150 View Post

or Aperture for iPad..

Very unlikely
  • Reply 40 of 57
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Very likely

As a replacement for the standard Photos app, perhaps?