Faked photo attempts to show Retina Display for third-gen iPad [updated]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, it isn't. I don't expect that at all. I see the iPad, that's it. Thinking we'll actually get an update to the Apple TV is way too wishful.

not at all - new apple TV on its way, available March 10
  • Reply 22 of 34
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

not at all - new apple TV on its way, available March 10

No, you DO NOT know that. No one knows that. All we know is that CURRENT Apple TV shipments have been pushed to March 10. That tells us NOTHING and is NO proof of a new one.
  • Reply 23 of 34
    cjcampbellcjcampbell Posts: 116member
    What I do not understand is the motivation for posting faked pictures of everything from unreleased products to tornados and tsunamis. What's the point? I don't get it at all.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post

What I do not understand is the motivation for posting faked pictures of everything from unreleased products to tornados and tsunamis. What's the point? I don't get it at all.

Page views. 15 minutes of fame. Idiocy.

All of the above.
  • Reply 25 of 34
    kent909kent909 Posts: 731member
    This will be the last product that Steve Jobs was the major influence on. He mastered his reality distortion field to perfection and everyone that looks at the new iPad will think they are looking at the new Apple TV. Imagining a 65 inch screen with an 8K display. What ever program is in their thoughts will be seen on the screen. Steve jobs will have the "best magician ever in the world" added to his legacy. There AI top that absurd rumor!
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

This will be the last product that Steve Jobs was the major influence on.

Minus the redesigned Apple TV (box) interface and content deals.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

Minus the redesigned Apple TV (box) interface and content deals.

Wow you didn't read very far!
  • Reply 28 of 34
    Quote:

Wow you didn't read very far!

Sure I did. I just completely reject the idea of Apple making a television because it's ludicrous.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    10 am Pacific time is 1 PM Eastern time. Whatta bunch of bozos!
  • Reply 29 of 34
    Quote:

Sure I did. I just completely reject the idea of Apple making a television because it's ludicrous.

It is called sarcasm. Look it up.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    prof. peabodyprof. peabody Posts: 2,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... It is unclear at this point whether Apple would elect to use the "Retina Display" marketing term for a double-resolution iPad display since the resulting pixel density would be less than that of the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. Apple could, however, justify its use by arguing that the iPad is meant to be held farther away from the eye than its handset. ...

This is ridiculous. Especially for AppleInsider that has covered all this stuff from day one.

Your description of how it "could" still be defined as a retina display is almost word for word a description of how Apple in fact defines the term. Stupid.

A "Retina Display" doesn't have to have any particular pixel density or pip at all. That's almost the whole point of the term. Even 800x600 is a "Retina Display" if it's typically or usually held far enough away from the face.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

It is called sarcasm. Look it up.

If you'd written sarcasm, I'd have seen it.
  • Reply 33 of 34
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    These images?and the display itself?can never impress as much because they are the SECOND display we?ve seen of this quality. The iPhone retina display is simply awesome, and having it at tablet size will be beautiful... but not nearly as striking as if we hadn?t already been using iPhone 4 and 4S for a year and a half.

Still, there?s really nothing the iPad needs to be: incremental speed boosts (both processor and network) and catching up to the iPhone?s display! (I don?t even think a better camera is truly needed because in such a big it?s acceptable to have just a video/FaceTime camera with essentially no still cam/camcorder. Acceptable... but not great, so I do hope the camera improves also.)
  • Reply 34 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

?double the linear resolution? ?a double-resolution iPad display? ?the double-resolution display?

In before "AppleInsider are idiots, it's four times!"