Apple releases iOS 5.1 with lock screen camera access, PhotoStream pic delete option

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would you post that now, several hours after it has been debunked? It was a huge embarrassment for them, apparently.

Nowhere NEAR as much as AppleInsider and Cult of Mac reporting stuff from a fake Phil Schiller Twitter account, but apparently still an embarrassment.

I didn't see where 9to5 said it was all a mistake. My apologies.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Finally - I can now turn off 3G and save some battery life!

• Reply 43 of 47
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Siri speaks Japanese fairly well, but is having a little trouble with the local accent where I live.

The morning news talk shows today had lots of reporters trying it out. I think Siri may be the biggest thing for Japan this cycle.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Is this lockscreen camera button on iPad? I have iPad 2 I would love to have this but I don't see it or how to access it?
  • Reply 45 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Is this lockscreen camera button on iPad? I have iPad 2 I would love to have this but I don't see it or how to access it?

I don't see one... just checked the settings but no joy.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AIA View Post

With 5.1, the camera can always be accessed from the lockscreen - there's no need to double click the home button.

The camera icon is on the lock screen, but when clicking it to bring up the camera no longer works for me.

edited to add.. never mind.. I just figured it out. you slide it up instead of clicking it..
  • Reply 47 of 47
    mfterkamfterka Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebt311 View Post

The camera icon is on the lock screen, but when clicking it to bring up the camera no longer works for me.

edited to add.. never mind.. I just figured it out. you slide it up instead of clicking it..

I suspect you aren't the only one originally pwned by the update in this fashion.