Comments

• Reply 41 of 67
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    cost of my new iPad wifi 16GB, including CT sales tax:

$530.69

cost of 1 share of AAPL at close of business on the day of release:

$530.69

• Reply 42 of 67
    UK store still not live. I'm sorry but this is just poor.
  • Reply 43 of 67
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChristophB View Post

Which has better 2G and 3G service in the area it'll be most used?

Do not really care about 2G and even 3G.

AT&T model seems to offer dual LTE band (700,2100). Does it mean it could be potentially more usable while travelling once LTE is adopted in the rest of the world?
  • Reply 44 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

AT&T model seems to offer dual LTE band (700,2100). Does it mean it could be potentially more usable while travelling once LTE is adopted in the rest of the world?

3G speeds also factor in if you lose 4G connectivity, at which point the AT&T one is gonna be faster, assuming you get service in the area
  • Reply 45 of 67
    darkpawdarkpaw Posts: 212member
    Infuriating.

The UK store has been down consistently since the keynote started. That was over 5 hours ago.

This never would've happened under Steve Jobs... just sayin' ;-)
  • Reply 46 of 67
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

The two bands are to support North America. If they only had 700 it would exclude Rogers in Canada.

There are no "World roaming" standards for LTE. There probably won't be until LTE-Advanced when they start decommissioning the 2G 800/900/1800/1900 networks and run LTE on those frequencies instead.
  • Reply 47 of 67
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misa View Post

The two bands are to support North America. If they only had 700 it would exclude Rogers in Canada.

There are no "World roaming" standards for LTE. There probably won't be until LTE-Advanced when they start decommissioning the 2G 800/900/1800/1900 networks and run LTE on those frequencies instead.

I ended up ordering AT&T model.

I am hoping if a carrier abroad will support one of the frequencies (700 or 2100) it would be compatible once I put their sim card.
  • Reply 48 of 67
    john541john541 Posts: 7member
    [QUOTE=desarc;2065680]cost of my new iPad wifi 16GB, including CT sales tax:

$530.69

cost of 1 share of AAPL at close of business on the day of release:

$530.69 /QUOTE]

WOW DUDE!

That is some strange KARMA?

I feel glad I live in a STATE where there is NO SALES TAX, or in other countries where they have a VAT Tax. Though they get me with the income & property taxes so I guess we ALL have to pay the MAN!

Someone else asked when the "Shipping Date" is and I don't know if it has already changed because of the demand, but mine Order says it is to be "DELIVERED" on March 16.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!
  • Reply 49 of 67
    bikaa-m.bikaa-m. Posts: 16member
    well, it took some time + lotsa tries concurently on my iMac, iPad1 + iPhone! but finally my orders are in - even got lucky: apple will send me a total of 3 iPads: 2x 64GB AT&T LTE blk + 1x 32GB AT&T LTE blk.

guess, the whole system was completely overwhelmed, so many 'time outs', 'Oopps' + 'http/1.1 Service Unavailable' screens and crashes...

at one point my 'apple store' app shopping cart on my iPad contained 10x 64GB AT&T LTE iPad3s - crazy. could not modify quantity, until force quitting the app multible times!

in the end i got 3 orders confirmed, 2 via iPad [1x via safari and 1x via 'apple store'] and 1 on my iMac. let's see if apple will cancel any of these or ship 'em all.

if apple does ship all three, i will have one to many: who wants to buy my extra 64GB - AT&T LTE - blk iPad3 after march.16th?
  • Reply 50 of 67
    zachb10zachb10 Posts: 59member
    32GB Verizon 4G Black on the way. Says delivers by Friday the 16th
  • Reply 51 of 67
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkpaw View Post

Infuriating.

The UK store has been down consistently since the keynote started. That was over 5 hours ago.

This never would've happened under Steve Jobs... just sayin' ;-)

Nope. It would and it has.

It's called making a product so awesome that millions of folks want it ASAP
  • Reply 52 of 67
    ko024ko024 Posts: 68member
    Does anyone know...?? It was a little confusing but I did not see it officially listed on the website....
  • Reply 53 of 67
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ko024 View Post

Does anyone know...?? It was a little confusing but I did not see it officially listed on the website....

No it won't. Otherwise they would have mentioned it during the presentation. It'll have that dictation mic, but no SIRI.
  • Reply 54 of 67
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    32 GB WIFI BLACK iPad (Gen 3) on the way!! I will say that it was kind of a pain in the ass to order though. Apple must have been getting slammed, taking a ton of orders from all over the place.

And I'll keep my iPad 2 also, because 2 iPads are even more useful than 1!
  • Reply 55 of 67
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Got my order in for a 32GB White Wi-Fi! WOOT!!!

BTW, the old Smart Covers fit, right?
  • Reply 56 of 67
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Nope. It would and it has.

It's called making a product so awesome that millions of folks want it ASAP

No, it's called creating a buzz so that we all talk about it, making even more people want the "rare" iPad.

Because Apple couldn't do an Amazon and make things a bit more responsive. Even if 100s of millions of people would order in one day, I can't imagine that they can't make an online store that doesn't "crumble" in an era of 70Mbps via LTE. I mean, how many transactions could you fit into 70 million bits per second in just one second so even if Apple's online store were connected to the internet via one LTE link (which it isn't of course, just to make a drastic example), it should be able to transfer all the data for millions of purchases in a few seconds.

Reminds me of the Futurama episode about the eyePhone.
  • Reply 57 of 67
    Finally got my pre-order in for a White 32GB Wi-fi!

Very excited for March 16th!
  • Reply 58 of 67
    I just managed to do the checkout process at the secure checkout page i.e. past login but *le click no response....

Apple! Y U No take my money?

BTW, buying through edu store for a £19 discount. Not much but still...
  • Reply 59 of 67
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

BTW, the old Smart Covers fit, right?

New ones weren't created, so I'd imagine they do. Ah, yep.

• Reply 60 of 67
    grmacgrmac Posts: 67member
    White 32gb wifi ordered at 14:20pst.

I believe the frustration of ordering Apple products at launch is directly proportional to the desire for the product. Since this is a gift, I laughed off the first http error, made a sandwich during the second, and then sailed through the rest.

Looking forward to getting back my old 3gs as an additional household device, complimenting a 4s.

Now, when does the MacMini refresh?