Verizon will support Personal Hotspot with 4G LTE iPad at launch, AT&T won't

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 91
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Simply math will tell you that it's $5 cheaper than the $20 plan. COme on, at least work a little of that gray matter.

Quite excellent at math as plenty of posts on this forum will attest.

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.

Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Community College you flunkd out of?
  • Reply 82 of 91
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.

Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Comminty College you flunkd out of?

So I average under 50MB per month yet I'm supposed to get the 33% more expensive plan because it's cheaper per MB even though I won't use that data. You're logic just gets better and better!

But lets go ahead and do your math. You're clearly stating I should get the plan that offers the most value per MB regardless of whether I need that data.... yet you think that 1GB for $20 is the cheapest plan of all 6 plans offered by AT&T and Verizon. Here's a hint: It's not!

PS: If you keep up the personal attacks and trolling I'm pretty sure you're going to get yet another account banned.
  • Reply 83 of 91
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member
    Quote:

Lol- fuzzy math perhaps.

Divide 15/250 then 20/1000 and then tell us what Community College you flunkd out of?

Cheaper means less money, not less money per unit purchase. Soli is correct, since 15 < 20. Otherwise the most expensive plan would be the cheapest, and the cheapest plan would be the most expensive, and your head would explode.
  • Reply 84 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Cheaper means less money, not less money per unit purchase. Soli is correct, since 15 < 20. Otherwise the most expensive plan would be the cheapest, and the cheapest plan would be the most expensive, and your head would explode.

Right - so then you both can pay $6 a gallon for gas and I'll pay just $2. And then I can take u both out for lunch- NOT.
  • Reply 85 of 91
    Quote:

Right - so then you both can pay $6 a gallon for gas and I'll pay just $2. And then I can take u both out for lunch- NOT.

I can play the same game. The earth weighs less than a gold coin.

And Soli is also correct that your only mechanism of argument is by logical fallacy.
  • Reply 86 of 91
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I can play the same game. The earth weighs less than a gold coin.

And Soli is also correct that your only mechanism of argument is by logical fallacy.

Wrong.
  • Reply 87 of 91
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    Quote:

PS: If you keep up the personal attacks and trolling I'm pretty sure you're going to get yet another account banned.

You really have got to be kidding me. You post the most hateful and insulting personal attacks I have ever seen on this board and you are trying to call someone else out? Even in this little exchange you were far more harsh in your attacks than anyone else.

Trolls like you must really hate it when their accounts gets censured or privileges revoked. Your old account had around 25,000 posts before the mods finally said enough is enough. I see you are trying to get back to 20,000 posts before too long since you seem to comment at least 10 times in every thread making more and more enemies along the way.

what I don't get is why are you so thin skinned? I thought trolls can take it and dish it out. YOu are awfully sensitive. Look, it's no big deal. Even you said in your first post:

Quote:

None of the plans are very good. I almost went with Verizon this time but the pricing is better with AT&T (don't need tethering) and both offer adequate LTE in my area. Plus, if I take it outside the country I'm good to go.

You specifically seemed to say one of the main reasons you went with AT&T is you thought it and not the Verizon version offered LTE abroad. Well not long afterwards it was reported than neither version would support LTE abroad and so you retreated and changed your reason to only wanting 250MB. Yes, $15 is cheaper than $20 a month, but that wouldn't matter to you since you have often bragged about you wealth. All your trips to Latin America and other countries and suddenly you can't afford an extra $5 for 4x the data? No, that is not the reason. You just needed to make an excuse to justify your purchase.

The sad part is that you do seem to be knowledgable about a lot of subjects. What a shame you have to be so abrasive, arrogant, condescending, and confrontational to anyone that dare disagree with any position you take. That stubbornness often forces you into straw man style argumentation to defend your position when you are wrong. Or you simply question their reading comprehension or math skills which also makes you look very immature.
  • Reply 88 of 91
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Trolls like you must really hate it when their accounts gets censured or privileges revoked. Your old account had around 25,000 posts before the mods finally said enough is enough.

No, he personally created a new account and asked us to cap off his other one. Don't make stuff up.

You call him out on personal attacks and then attack his person? Really?

"He can afford it (I assume, by some apparent past knowledge I either have or presume to have), so he has no reason to be complaining about pricing or against paying extra for things he doesn't need or want to have," is the argument you're trying to make here. That's flawed, I think.
  • Reply 89 of 91
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,807member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, he personally created a new account and asked us to cap off his other one. Don't make stuff up.

You call him out on personal attacks and then attack his person? Really?

"He can afford it (I assume, by some apparent past knowledge I either have or presume to have), so he has no reason to be complaining about pricing or against paying extra for things he doesn't need or want to have," is the argument you're trying to make here. That's flawed, I think.

I don't ever just start randomly attacking people out of the blue. I have been a member here for several years and have watched his hostility and attacks in countless threads. My first discussions with him were cordial at first but then he decided to get personal and started with the epithets. I have read enough threads here to know that you must be aware of this. I don't think it is a secret that he is very confrontational with people that disagree with his opinion.

Someone in another thread asked him about his old account and he seemed to suggest his privileges were revoked and that is why he created a new account. If he did it on his own accord, I am obviously mistaken and apologize for that error.

And as to your last comment about being able to afford it, I think anyone that buys an 4G iPad for an extra $130 over a WiFi version can probably afford an extra $5. That just stands to reason. I also based it off the fact that he seemed to think the AT&T version would work with LTE overseas and he only added that tidbit about wanting less data after he discovered it would not work. Anyone travelling all over the world as often as he does would aslo be in a position to pay an extra $5 a month. That is an assumption, but based on pretty solid footing considering the costs of international travel.
  • Reply 90 of 91
    Quote:

Wrong.

From logical fallacy to unsubstantiated naysaying. I guess you don't just use logical fallacy. That's almost a clever reply.
  • Reply 91 of 91
    Quote:

I don't ever just start randomly attacking people out of the blue. I have been a member here for several years and have watched his hostility and attacks in countless threads. My first discussions with him were cordial at first but then he decided to get personal and started with the epithets. I have read enough threads here to know that you must be aware of this. I don't think it is a secret that he is very confrontational with people that disagree with his opinion.

Someone in another thread asked him about his old account and he seemed to suggest his privileges were revoked and that is why he created a new account. If he did it on his own accord, I am obviously mistaken and apologize for that error.

And as to your last comment about being able to afford it, I think anyone that buys an 4G iPad for an extra $130 over a WiFi version can probably afford an extra $5. That just stands to reason. I also based it off the fact that he seemed to think the AT&T version would work with LTE overseas and he only added that tidbit about wanting less data after he discovered it would not work. Anyone travelling all over the world as often as he does would aslo be in a position to pay an extra $5 a month. That is an assumption, but based on pretty solid footing considering the costs of international travel.

I dislike unfriendly posting as much as anyone, but you might like to reflect on this as your first post in the thread:

Quote:

Damn you got owned. Once people pointed out the fallacy in your argument you chose to either ignore it or use your usual tactic of quoting only a snippet to make your usual straw man last stand argument. Do you work for AT&T? Hard to believe there is such a thing as a carrier fanboy but you sure would seem to fall into that category.

Do you really think that was a good route to the moral high ground?