Samsung may already be preparing legal assault on Apple's new iPad

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 92
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbi View Post

And that isnt "innovation" in your eye? Please. Talk about double standard.

Most of Apple's "innovation" are tangible and easy to see with the naked eyes.

The innovations that Samsung and many of the top ten companies on the list are intangible (at least spacially) and not seen with the naked eye.

I still stand by meter stick that # of patents = innovations.

Patents = unique, never before seen innovations/thinking.

Therefore, the larger the number , the greater your "innovation".

Read that statement again. You havent raised a decent argument with that statement. What is "pretty clear"? Nothing "clear" to me. Where do you see this "clear" thing?

What yardstick do YOU use to compare Apple's innovation vs Samsung's innovation?

Is the "innovation" you speak of, taking others investment, aggregating it into one product and branding it with a catchy name with an even catchier marketing plan?

OK, so you've demonstrated that you don't have any concept what innovation is. It's not about numbers.

For example:

Company A has 100 patents, none of which are ever good enough to make it to the market. Each of them is some insignificant improvement over the state of the art, but with massive disadvantages.

Company B has 10 patents, but each of them involves a revolutionary product that completely redefines the market.

Clearly, the number of patents is not a measure of innovations. It happens all the time - some companies patent even the most trivial improvement over the state of the art and others don't bother unless they have something truly revolutionary.

Quote:

From a content CREATION point of view, Apple's iPad doesnt have much in multi tasking or new forms of input. The ability to truly multitask is something that would improve productivity tremendously. Dont know if you even work in a cubicle but 2 is always better than one. As an example, our office has upgraded from single monitor to a dual monitor for multitasking. Our productivity has improved some 20% just from the new installation. New forms of input? Why not? Not everyone is good with their fingers.

Answer me this: What makes the iPad better at content creation? What attribute about it does it trump the Galaxy Note?

Better software. Far better screen. AND, most importantly, the fact that you can buy one and have it in your hands in a week or so. The Note won't be shipping for months, at best.
  • Reply 82 of 92
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

OK, so you've demonstrated that you don't have any concept what innovation is. It's not about numbers.

For example:

Company A has 100 patents, none of which are ever good enough to make it to the market. Each of them is some insignificant improvement over the state of the art, but with massive disadvantages.

Company B has 10 patents, but each of them involves a revolutionary product that completely redefines the market.

I agree that numbers don't mean anything, but how would you know that Samsung's patents are not worthy? but Apple's patents are?

Company A has 100,000 patents, many of which are widely licensed (including those considered essential FRAND) and employed to promote / advance technology.

Company B has 1,000 patents, many of which are based on obvious design / prior art. The patents are mainly used to intimidate competitors and maintain its market dominance.
  • Reply 83 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

I agree that numbers don't mean anything, but how would you know that Samsung's patents are not worthy? but Apple's patents are?

I never said that either one was the case. I simply pointed out that your simply ranking the companies in terms of number of patents as Galbi did is a meaningless comparison.
  • Reply 84 of 92
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Well with all this suing that Apple has been doing lately I really hope Samsung wins this one.
  • Reply 85 of 92
    Quote:

For example:

Clearly, the number of patents is not a measure of innovations. It happens all the time - some companies patent even the most trivial improvement over the state of the art and others don't bother unless they have something truly revolutionary.

Better software. Far better screen. AND, most importantly, the fact that you can buy one and have it in your hands in a week or so. The Note won't be shipping for months, at best.

The note is shipping at the end of March. I have a cousin who works for Samsung, that's why I one three tablets I got them next to nothing. I recommend the Galaxy 7.7 if your into Samsung tablets though. Hands down the best tablet in the Android world. I got mine yesterday and only paid 200 for it. I just found out that I can use it as a telephone, pretty neat.
  • Reply 86 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

The note is shipping at the end of March.

Says who?

Samsung has not yet provided an official release date. All they've said is 'second quarter, 2012" and March is not in the second quarter - so I don't believe you.
  • Reply 87 of 92
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,585member
    Quote:

The note is shipping at the end of March. I have a cousin who works for Samsung, that's why I one three tablets I got them next to nothing. I recommend the Galaxy 7.7 if your into Samsung tablets though. Hands down the best tablet in the Android world. I got mine yesterday and only paid 200 for it. I just found out that I can use it as a telephone, pretty neat.

Be sure you haven't confused tablets. The Galaxy TAB 10.1 is set to launch in the UK by the end of March. I haven't seen anything definite on the NOTE 10.1. Not saying you're wrong, but you might double-check your models due to the similar names.
  • Reply 88 of 92
    galbigalbi Posts: 968member
    Quote:

For example:

To argue with a person whose mental structure is seared in Apple's vocabulary and ideology is an insurmountable task.

So I'll just cut to the chase. You are wrong.
  • Reply 89 of 92
    Quote:

To argue with a person whose mental structure is seared in Apple's vocabulary and ideology is an insurmountable task.

You should have gone with a Billy Madison Quote:

Sir, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • Reply 90 of 92
    dcolleydcolley Posts: 87member
    I will never buy a product with Samsung's name on it.

By the way, I currently do not own any of their junk. (such as TVs, blue ray players, etc.) If some of their trash is in my Macs or iPads, so be it. At Least, the only place I see their name is in the internet articles about the stupid lawsuits that they file.
  • Reply 91 of 92
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dcolley View Post

I will never buy a product with Samsung's name on it.

By the way, I currently do not own any of their junk. (such as TVs, blue ray players, etc.) If some of their trash is in my Macs or iPads, so be it. At Least, the only place I see their name is in the internet

articles about the stupid lawsuits that they file.

Well that's your choice, I for one enjoy their products. Yes their lawsuits are stupid but no more then Apples, or Motorola or any of them actualy. This whole industry has gone patton sue crazy.

The dumbest one I still think is Apples against Samsung, is there anyone dumb enough to confuse a Samsung tablet over a Apple. Thank goodness Europe is starting to get their act together and just kick these lawsuits of the court room. That's what Switzerland did when Apple tried to stop the sell of the Galaxy. First judge kicked it out of his court room and the appeal was denied.

I love living in this country, the last one on the planet that isnt sue crazy and makes the manfactures figure this crap out on their own.
  • Reply 92 of 92
    Quote:

Well that's your choice, I for one enjoy their products. Yes their lawsuits are stupid but no more then Apples, or Motorola or any of them actualy. This whole industry has gone patton sue crazy.

The dumbest one I still think is Apples against Samsung, is there anyone dumb enough to confuse a Samsung tablet over a Apple. Thank goodness Europe is starting to get their act together and just kick these lawsuits of the court room. That's what Switzerland did when Apple tried to stop the sell of the Galaxy. First judge kicked it out of his court room and the appeal was denied.

I love living in this country, the last one on the planet that isnt sue crazy and makes the manfactures figure this crap out on their own.

Re: the bolded....

Yes, there is. At least one of Samsung's attorneys couldn't tell the difference. In public. In front of a judge. After spending many months working with the iPad and the Tab.

After that, it's impossible to make a reasonable argument that they can't be confused.

Quote:

Really? So in your mind, innovation is all about the number of patents and not the quality?

Again, it's clear that you have no concept of what innovation is.