Morgan Stanley bumps Apple stock price target to $720

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

This reminds me a lot of the stock runs we used to read about in the last century.

Why do I get the feeling that the bankers/analysts are constantly talking up the stock to force it up and up before eventually they cut and run making huge profits in the process.

I know absolutely nothing about stocks and shares but this looks like a train crash waiting to happen to me. Maybe not now but at some point. Must be a nice ride while it lasts though if you have the stock which sadly I don't.

That much is very obvious from your post.

Stick to stuff you actually might know something about (not sure what that might be, though).
  • Reply 42 of 51
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Not to mention one slip up with a new product could be very negative. Especially with Apples reliance upon often one device per category. One iPad or iPhone release that generates a negative feeling in the buying community would result in sharp drop in price. Even a poorly received iMac release would not go over well.

So while Apple may be flying high right now their marketing habits leave them exposed to a negative side that few other companies need worry about. In other words Apple has the potential to swing in either direction dramatically. This should surprise no one.

Doomsday garbage. This stuff has been put to bed for over a decade now by Apple, yet the fear monger's still come out. Of course, when you're at the top, your every move is watched.... Apple have done just fine with it so far. A "product slip" won't affect them much at all, and cynics and contrarians ALWAYS try and shout loud when new Apple products are launched, however it's simply SALES that will affect Apple's future.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

At this rate, Apple's share price might pass Google's share price by the end of the year.

Might even happen in a day or two. I think this is LONG OVERDUE, as Google still crazily trades at a higher multiple.

People: Stop focusing on Charts and all that garbage.... this is a classic fundamental story. Apple's Stock is simply playing "catchup" and it's STILL PERFORMING POORLY COMPARED TO THE COMPANY ITSELF!!!! This Stock should be over $700 at a minimum right now.

Quote:

This reminds me a lot of the stock runs we used to read about in the last century.

Why do I get the feeling that the bankers/analysts are constantly talking up the stock to force it up and up before eventually they cut and run making huge profits in the process.

I know absolutely nothing about stocks and shares but this looks like a train crash waiting to happen to me. Maybe not now but at some point. Must be a nice ride while it lasts though if you have the stock which sadly I don't.

I have a feeling that you don't own AAPL Shares and are upset about it? All due respect, you don't know what you're talking about on this particular subject. The fundamentals here are so in line, even at $960 a Share, AAPL would be technically undervalued (Forward P/E of well under 30).

As long as the Company keeps it moving, the Share price will break new cobwebs and follow. As BS'y and flip flop-y as Jim Cramer is, he said one thing right: One thing will dictate Apple's future: EARNINGS!!!! With the new iPad and the incredible initial demand, it looks like we hopefully have some insurance on that already.
  • Reply 43 of 51
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    So, closed the day at $589.58, +$21.48.

Wow.

But I do agree with those who say it is still undervalued, because it is.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

That much is very obvious from your post.

Stick to stuff you actually might know something about (not sure what that might be, though).

You seem to end up in a slanging match in every forum thread.

Seems like your only real talent is for insulting people.

Why don't you do us all a favour and FO and do it somewhere else.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

I have a feeling that you don't own AAPL Shares and are upset about it? All due respect, you don't know what you're talking about on this particular subject. The fundamentals here are so in line, even at $960 a Share, AAPL would be technically undervalued (Forward P/E of well under 30).

I said in my OP that I don't own the stock and have no desire to. I don't really care what happens to the stock frankly. I'm sure it will keep rising forever more to the point where Apple is worth more than the entire universe.
  • Reply 46 of 51
    Quote:

Well the only difference here is that the stock run is actually matched by quarterly blockbuster earnings and it's not based on speculation. There is a ratio which is called price to earnings or P/E. The lower the better. Apple's is 16.79. A very healthy P/E is under 30. So based on earnings the stock is undervalued! Bubbles are usually based on speculation. As more people get exposed to apple products, it seems like their sales are growing exponentially and lets not forget, all this growth occured during the worst recession since the great depression. As the economy picks up, they will likely do even better!
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Granmastak View Post

Well the only difference here is that the stock run is actually matched by quarterly blockbuster earnings and it's not based on speculation. There is a ratio which is called price to earnings or P/E. The lower the better. Apple's is 16.79. A very healthy P/E is under 30. So based on earnings the stock is undervalued! Bubbles are usually based on speculation. As more people get exposed to apple products, it seems like their sales are growing exponentially and lets not forget, all this growth occured during the worst recession since the great depression. As the economy picks up, they will likely do even better!

Thanks. It's nice to read a sensible, intelligent and informative post for a change. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    Quote:

Thanks. It's nice to read a sensible, intelligent and informative post for a change. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

No prob!

With stocks, it's hard to predict the future and hard to say when this winning streak for Apple will run out of steam. Nobody has a crystal ball even though some think they do. At this point though apple has very little going against them, and most negative comments you see here are based on wishful thinking and sour grapes.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    godzillagodzilla Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

So, closed the day at $589.58, +$21.48.

Wow.

But I do agree with those who say it is still undervalued, because it is.

Incredibly undervalued!

Amazing, isn't it.

As far as AAPL Stock price, it'll keep soaring as long as Apple company keeps soaring. Simple really. To me, out of allllllll the amazing and existing upside that can push this Stock to double its value+ in record timing, and out of all the "doomed!" fear speculation, there are two things that can hurt AAPL, that I will watch and that would tell me that it's hypothetically sell time: "Cool/Want factor", i.e Sales and public desire to have the products, noted especially in how brand new models do within their first weeks/months. And Earnings, of course. Do they need to shatter with 80%+ growth to keep this Investor happy? Absolutely not, but it sure is awesome. Just keep the ship moving, and don't lose the plot. If the P/E ratio ever moves UP after an Earnings call, that's when you might start to have some valid sell-reasons. However, we are in such an opposite end of the spectrum from that right now, with Apple's Earnings so great, the P/E just compresses so greatly after each call, there's too much more room for the Stock to go up before people get near "it's getting too high".

I'm so happy with the performance of this Stock, but fundamentally, every day I see it get nearer to $600, I just think "finally playing a little catch up, but you're still way behind, keep moving up and then we'll talk".
  • Reply 50 of 51
    With shares of Apple on a chart-topping climb, investment bank Morgan Stanley has lifted its price target for the stock to $720, with a 12-month bull case estimate of $960.

As far as AAPL Stock price, it'll keep soaring as long as Apple company keeps soaring. Simple really. To me, out of allllllll the amazing and existing upside that can push this Stock to double its value+ in record timing, and out of all the "doomed!" fear speculation, there are two things that can hurt AAPL, that I will watch and that would tell me that it's hypothetically sell time: "Cool/Want factor", i.e Sales and public desire to have the products, noted especially in how brand new models do within their first weeks/months. And Earnings, of course. Do they need to shatter with 80%+ growth to keep this Investor happy? Absolutely not, but it sure is awesome. Just keep the ship moving, and don't lose the plot. If the P/E ratio ever moves UP after an Earnings call, that's when you might start to have some valid sell-reasons.
  • Reply 51 of 51
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

I agree. I've been saying the stock could hit $1000. in the next 3 - 5 yrs--but if it doubles in the next year, then what?

I'd be a millionaire on Apple Stock alone that's what / grin