First sample photos from new iPad show dramatic improvement over iPad 2

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

As for a virtual reduction in max storage space, we must also consider the trend away from local media storage. As mobile network speed and coverage improve, the need for local storage has decreased. This is evidenced by the popularity of pandora, netflix, youtube, etc.

In the world of data caps, even on unlimited accounts, the move away from "local storage" is a dead end unless the carriers stop bending us over and raping us in the a$$.
  • Reply 62 of 69
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,101member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stynkfysh View Post

I'm using the camera, at least will. Part of my job is to inspect things which includes capturing photographs while taking notes. The iPad is perfect for me. If you think about it, there are many professions that can take advantage of having a tablet with camera. Not to mention, when I am sitting around the house surfing the web on the iPad and my family does something interesting, I have the ability to capture it on the spot before the moment is gone. Not all features are for everyone. I could care less about graphics performance in Infinity Blade, for example - but lots of people DO care. I wish Apple wouldn't have gone cheap in leaving out a flash, however. Pictures in this post are waaaaaay better than my iPad 2, but not awesome like the 4S.

I have the same type of job- I inspect buildings for insurance companies. Having a rear camera of better quality is much more preferable for me because of this. I can't wait to see how much more efficient and fun iPad makes my job! What do you do exactly?
  • Reply 63 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusicComposer View Post

. People are confusing download size and installation size, the download sizes have increased because they have to support BOTH resolutions.

I probably am confusing it also. You mean that the universal app file I have in iTunes on my computer contains all necessary files for normal res and retina res and iPad res, yet when it is installed on my iPhone, it will not put all the files, just the ones necessary for the low res screen of my 3GS iPhone and not the higher res files?? Seriously?

You sure about that?? It would make sense, yet all journalists and bloggers have not mentioned that. Any link to a website stating that fact??
  • Reply 64 of 69
    vfcvfc Posts: 3member
    I saved the pictures to my PC and used PIE (Picture Information Extractor) to reveal the camera info embedded in the image file. The 2nd and 3rd picture appear to be from an iPad camera.

Camera: iPad

Make: Apple

2592x1936

24bit

5MP

f2.4 lens

4.3mm (eq. 35mm) focal length

1/15 sec shutter speed

ISO 200 and 500
  • Reply 65 of 69
    c-rayc-ray Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Neo42 View Post

Also, if you look closely, you'll notice that the iPad holder is off-center and the guy/gal to the right of him/her (in the center) looks like he/she is possibly holding another camera. I'd say it's definitely possible they're faked.

I saw that. My take is they were shooting the same picture with two different cameras, and then comparing the two to see how much difference there is (white balance, saturation, tones, resolution, etc.).
  • Reply 66 of 69
    scottyoscottyo Posts: 45member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timmillea View Post

Yep, they are fake. Here is the evidence:

1) The image size is incorrect. They are 2592 x 1936. Omnivision 5MP chips are actually 2592x1944 active pixels.

Tim.

I guess Apple is also publishing fake pictures, since <http://images.apple.com/ipad/gallery/images/downloads/IMG_1190.JPG>; is the same pixel size.

• Reply 67 of 69
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VFC View Post

I saved the pictures to my PC and used PIE (Picture Information Extractor) to reveal the camera info. The 2nd and 3rd picture appear to be from an iPad camera.

Camera: iPad

Make: Apple

2592x1936

24bit

5MB

f2.4 lens

4.3mm (eq. 35mm) focal length

1/15 sec shutter speed

ISO 200 and 500

Maybe, but they couldn't be from the iPad camera in the picture. Look at where the iPad is pointed in the blown up image.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The 5-megapixel rear camera has an infrared filter and ISP built into the device's A5X chip. It features auto-focus and auto-exposure and can record in 1080p video.[/URL]

This is the first camera article I've ever seen that used the acronym ISP. I had to look that one up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusicComposer View Post

2D games and apps will be increasing because of the higher resolution artwork needed. Yet 3D games such as Infinity Blade, Real Racing 2, etc shouldn't increase much as running a game in a higher resolution doesn't require more space.

For 3D games, you might find larger texture file sizes. Devs might want to increase mesh detail some a bit. But I don't think that's going to mean such a dramatic difference.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I'd prefer being able to film with my iPhone and send the video to my iPad to make a movie, but it's not even possible to do this between two iOS devices yet. I'm counting on iOS6 for an airdrop feature.

Check the app store. There are a few apps that will transfer the camera roll between iOS devices over wifi.