Third-gen iPad reportedly shows inaccurate battery level while charging

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Onhka View Post

Unfortunately, you are correct.

Too bad AI just doesn't make it a rule, i.e., either delete you erroneous comments or they will. And for those that think it would contravene their rights they should reread the First Amendent.

Are you new to the internet?

But seriously, expunging wrong statements, even if possible, is not entirely desirable. Also of value is the entire record showing exactly who was wrong, what their thought process was, and how they were proven incorrect.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Thanks- good to know! It was always my understanding that depleting a batterie's life is detrimental, which was why I was surprised that Apple recommended it on their website.

Back in the Nickel-Cadmium era, full charge cycles were indeed the best way to prolong a battery's long term life expectancy. Modern lithium based batteries are completely different.

Note that apple is only explaining how to get an accurate battery percentage. They don't say that this is the highest priority. Historically, apple has recommended leaving laptops constantly plugged in. Although I'm not entirely sure what their reasoning was. It could be in order to maintain a full charge and prolong life. Or it could be for a balance of reasons which have to do with average customer satisfaction across a whole host of issues.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Are you new to the internet?

But seriously, expunging wrong statements, even if possible, is not entirely desirable. Also of value is the entire record showing exactly who was wrong, what their thought process was, and how they were proven incorrect.

Exactly. We're not the Ministry of Truth, nor should anyone want to be.

Though Internet shorthand as a whole seems ominously like Newspeak…
  • Reply 64 of 64
    onhkaonhka Posts: 1,025member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Back in the Nickel-Cadmium era, full charge cycles were indeed the best way to prolong a battery's long term life expectancy. Modern lithium based batteries are completely different.

Note that apple is only explaining how to get an accurate battery percentage. They don't say that this is the highest priority. Historically, apple has recommended leaving laptops constantly plugged in. Although I'm not entirely sure what their reasoning was. It could be in order to maintain a full charge and prolong life. Or it could be for a balance of reasons which have to do with average customer satisfaction across a whole host of issues.

Not true.