Apple invites 25 billionth app download winner to collect prize in Beijing

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    lmgslmgs Posts: 63member
    myapplelove

Hey you don't like Apple, or their policies, then don't support them with YOUR money...

I will continue to support Apple, and the developers, who are PAID for their work..

I see nothing wrong with Apple showing appreciation for people who buy their products..

You need to crawl back into your liberal elitist racist hole....
  • Reply 22 of 34
    chudqchudq Posts: 43member
    Here Chinese name is 傅春莉。Now her nickname in Chinese is called as a lucky iPhone girl.

She hold her reward card:

Apple staff hosted her at Beijing airport. After she arrived at Beijing, she was led to Apple Beijing office and she had her lunch there.

She became a "celebrity" immediately. Many Journalists took pictures of her. She met many people there, including Apple staff, at Beijing Apple store.

• Reply 23 of 34
    irontedironted Posts: 129member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

I was making quite a few points actually:

First that apple should have sponsored devs, and given something back to the dev community for helping her sell so many iOS devices, and reaching 25 billion downloads. And that curating an app store doesn't mean only a guaranteed 30% cut, and 100$ per dev, the latter to keep "curating" the store at no cost. But it might also mean handpicking 100 great apps that are not selling well and allowing their development for another year or so, with just 1/100 of a drop in the pool of money they have in the bank. That they are not being decent to the people they "employ", among the 500,000 people they have created jobs for, including the fed ex folk people and the folk who build and repair fed ex trucks.

I was also making a point on the aesthetics of this ad, of using a pretty (under certain angles at least) girl, dressing and hairdressing her up, flying her over and taking her picture in the store in China as a bit of departure from the square begs in the round holes ads. I felt like I was looking at an ad by Samsung. At least Phil Shiller jumping off to a mattress then hi fiving Steve had a sense of innocence and fun to it.

I also noted that they manufacture in a country where they can get dirt cheap labour due to the the country's infinitesimaly small ruling political and militia class suppressing their people, and then sell back illusions of status and grandeur to that very same class while pretending they are actually offering humanitarian aid to foxconn workers. Somehow it didn't go down well with me one girl playing around with an apple product in a country where it would take another girl making said apple product oh about a half a lifetime of work to afford.

But prove something? With my kind of "asinine" posts? I would never even dream of that. Besides what's anyone trying to prove here?

This guy is acting like a jackass. I think you should ban him or give him a warning.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    Quote:

i read something about class from another poster here...

What middle class in china, are you bs-ing us? In china it's the upper class and the dirt poor. The slave girls at foxconn who ve never even played around with an ipad after putting in 12 hours a day labour are waaaaaay classier than whoever apples chooses to portray as a status symbol to ship more macs in a country where the ruling class are keeping the poor under forced military and political control.

And btw and i ve said it before, when you hit 25 billion apps downloaded it would be "classier" to give something back to the community of developpers that allow you to ship all these idevices, such as sponsoring a few well deserved app efforts that are struggling to survive.

What crass pr stunt of flying this girl over, dressing her up, hairdressing her and having her picture taken in the chinese store... Makes phil shiller jumping off from 20 feet to a mattress to introduce the ibook seem like the epitome of good taste.

are you mike daisey?
  • Reply 25 of 34
    OMG look at the photo! She just left the $10K gift card sitting on the table while she plays with a Mac. Um, she wouldn't do that in New Jersey.
  • Reply 26 of 34
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LMGS View Post

myapplelove

Hey you don't like Apple, or their policies, then don't support them with YOUR money...

I will continue to support Apple, and the developers, who are PAID for their work..

I see nothing wrong with Apple showing appreciation for people who buy their products..

You need to crawl back into your liberal elitist racist hole....

I don't like a lot of apple's current policies and I am criticizing them on some of them. Since you somehow got political, the people who run this forum are very apparently of a liberal political disposition as well. How being a liberal makes someone a racist is beyond me to understand. I am being a racist for wanting apple to reward developers instead by sponsoring some of them instead of rich wives of chinese businessmen with $500 dollar handbags?
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Quote:

I don't like a lot of apple's current policies and I am criticizing them on some of them. Since you somehow got political, the people who run this forum are very apparently of a liberal political disposition as well. How being a liberal makes someone a racist is beyond me to understand. I am being a racist for wanting apple to reward developers instead by sponsoring some of them instead of rich wives of chinese businessmen with $500 dollar handbags?

Yup, you should ban him.
  • Reply 28 of 34
    Quote:

I read something about class from another poster here...

What middle class in China, are you bs-ing us? In China it's the upper class and the dirt poor. The slave girls at Foxconn who ve never even played around with an iPad after putting in 12 hours a day labour are waaaaaay classier than whoever apples chooses to portray as a status symbol to ship more macs in a country where the ruling class are keeping the poor under forced military and political control.

Either you've never been to China and just regurgitate ignorance without actual knowledge or you've been to China and never left your tour group to actually talk to Chinese citizens outside of those who served you. As someone who has been to multiple cities in China on multiple trips there and been in actual homes of friends there I can say there is a strong middle class. My friends are all college educated with descent (not great - same as most Americans) jobs and live a "normal" life in nice homes. That is one of the MANY reasons China has their pollution problem - a growing middle class that are going out and buying cars which is why they are one of the biggest users of foreign oil. All my friends were born very poor, but like most their parents struggled and worked hard and to send to give their kids a better life and why education is extremely important there. China has many problems, most being political, but every country has many problems including the US and yes there is a very large poor farmer / migrant worker population there and you see people on the streets begging. But you see that in every major US city also. And yes the people want better lives and most want a relaxed more open government, but China is without question a quickly developing country with a fast growing middle class same as India and other fast developing countries. They are basically where the US was 80-100 years ago in many ways. So before you spew stupidity try to get to know the people and spend time with them.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    China's pollution is due to MANY (as you said) problems the very least of which is your middle class friends' cars.

I concede that I used a hyperbole, and a poorly worded one for that matter, I am not ignorant of the social conditions in China. There is a small, struggling middle class which is dwarfed by far by the vast numbers of poor, and held in control by the enormously powerful and rich upper classes and the militia. Apple is still making a nice market for itself there mostly due to the upper class and not some "burgeoning" middle class, but that was omitted from the ai article because it wouldn't impact apple all that well to be mentioned. Unless of course you tell me in your experience that your middle class friends can afford an iphone, an ipad and a mac. If most of them can afford to own all these devices, I ll admit to making a mistake, and that it's not the filthy rich and powerful few (who in China's huge demographic aren't few at all) who are apple's current market, their gucci purse holding wives and girlfriends, their siblings and their bodyguards. The way apple's winner of 25 billion app download was dressed, what with the expensive bag, coat, and jewelry I wouldn't put her in the middle class of south europe let alone the one in China. She commented also that she is not a "big fan of apple". I am sure her first phone was an lg prada.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    Quote:

What middle class in China, are you bs-ing us? In China it's the upper class and the dirt poor. The slave girls at Foxconn who ve never even played around with an iPad after putting in 12 hours a day labour are waaaaaay classier than whoever apples chooses to portray as a status symbol to ship more macs in a country where the ruling class are keeping the poor under forced military and political control.

According to the CIA Factbook:

DISTRIBUTION OF FAMILY INCOME - GINI INDEX

100 = perfect inequality

70.7 = Namibia (worst)

48 = China

45 = United States

44.5 = Iran

23 = Sweden (best)

0 = perfect equality

I hate to break it to you but China and the US are not that different.

They have the Communist Party and we have the 1%.

Their middle-class is growing and ours is shrinking.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Quote:

China's pollution is due to MANY (as you said) problems the very least of which is your middle class friends' cars.

I concede that I used a hyperbole, and a poorly worded one for that matter, I am not ignorant of the social conditions in China. There is a small, struggling middle class which is dwarfed by far by the vast numbers of poor, and held in control by the enormously powerful and rich upper classes and the militia. Apple is still making a nice market for itself there mostly due to the upper class and not some "burgeoning" middle class, but that was omitted from the ai article because it wouldn't impact apple all that well to be mentioned. Unless of course you tell me in your experience that your middle class friends can afford an iphone, an ipad and a mac. If most of them can afford to own all these devices, I ll admit to making a mistake, and that it's not the filthy rich and powerful few (who in China's huge demographic aren't few at all) who are apple's current market, their gucci purse holding wives and girlfriends, their siblings and their bodyguards. The way apple's winner of 25 billion app download was dressed, what with the expensive bag, coat, and jewelry I wouldn't put her in the middle class of south europe let alone the one in China. She commented also that she is not a "big fan of apple". I am sure her first phone was an lg prada.

Shut the fuck up!

myapplelove is dumb, stupid and psychotic!

He's obviously a troll who put up a link to his blog to get more traffic. What a loser!
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

They have the Communist Party and we have the 1%.

Their middle-class is growing and ours is shrinking.

This for sure....
  • Reply 33 of 34
    kb9uwukb9uwu Posts: 24member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IronTed View Post

Shut the fuck up!

myapplelove is dumb, stupid and psychotic!

He's obviously a troll who put up a link to his blog to get more traffic. What a loser!

Who made you boss? Troll
  • Reply 34 of 34
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    @ IronTed,

Your comments crosses the line several times. Enough to get you banned for 3 days. I suggest editing your post. Attack the post, not the poster.