Apple updates Logic Pro and Logic Express

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Simultaneous updates were rolled out for Apple's Logic Pro and Logic Express on Tuesday, bringing both versions of the audio production and editing software up to 9.1.7.

Logic Pro 9.1.7

The professional version of Logic brings compatibility, performance and stability improvements as well as fixes for plug-ins and instruments.

Quote:

About Logic Pro 9.1.7

This update improves overall stability and addresses some minor issues including:

- Resolves several issues related to the download and installation of content

- Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects

- Fixes a problem that produced an error message when editing fades on numerous regions

The Logic Pro 9.1.7 update is temporarily down, though users can check here for availability.

Full release notes can be found here.

Logic Express 9.1.7

The stripped-down version of Logic brings minor updates to the software that resolve compatibility issues and error messages.

Quote:

About Logic Express 9.1.7

This update improves overall stability and addresses some minor issues including the following:

Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects

Fixes a problem that produced an error message when editing fades on numerous regions

This update is recommended for all users of Logic Express 9.

The update weighs in at 139.92MB and requires OS X 10.6.8.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    For a minute there I thought Logic Pro X had been released!!

• Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MoXoM View Post

For a minute there I thought Logic Pro X had been released!!

Me too, and I'm wondering why they don't mention the obvious elephant in the room, in this article?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jlanddjlandd Posts: 873member
    Bah, humbug for this update, I say.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    rob55rob55 Posts: 1,291member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlandd View Post

Bah, humbug for this update, I say.

Would you rather they didn't improve the stability of the product?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Of course not. But any fixes related to "download and installation of content" or "compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects" I can guarantee I wouldn't notice : ) And I haven't been bitten by any fade strangeness (other than its usual implementation).

I'm installing it but doubt it's going to make a whit of difference here. I'm assuming any further updates until LogicX will be similarly inconsequential, except maybe to IOS GarageBand users. (Hey, GB is great, but...)

- -

edit: Well, jeez. AI picked three fairly less useful bug fixes to be the ones named in the article (except maybe the fades bug, if you ever had it. The rest include some more worthy stuff, though not ground shaking:

\t▪\tImproves performance when using multiple instances of EXS24 in 32-bit mode with EXS24 Virtual Memory mode active.

\t\t

\t▪\tResolves an issue that could occur which caused the application to stop responding when performing Undo. This would occur after deleting a file or region in the Audio Bin.

\t\t

\t▪\tThe Output Distortion setting for the Compressor plug-in now works as expected with the "ClassA_R" and "ClassA_U" models.

\t\t

\t▪\tFixes an issue in which the Autofilter plug-in might produce clicks with certain settings.

\t\t

\t▪\tThe "Select Zone of Last Played Key" setting now works as expected in the EXS24 editor.

\t▪\tWhen adding Auxes as additional outputs for Multi Output Software Instruments, the additional Auxes are automatically assigned the same color and track icon as the Software Instrument.

\t\t

\t▪\tFixes an issue in which copying a MIDI region in a project which does not start at 1 1 1 1, and in which the Transposition track is active, might result in unexpected transposition of the copied region.

\t

\t▪\tThe Controls View of plug-in GUIs now fit properly on the 11-inch MacBook Air display.

\t

\t▪\tResolves an issue in OS X 10.7.x Lion that caused the Consolidate Project command in Logic to open a backup of the project at the end of the process.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Whoops! Worst "stability" in an update ever. Shouldn't have done it. Previous projects run completely unstable, CPU spikes on projects that never came close before. On one project that I did a quick bounce to check the mix is absolutely not identical to on bounced on previous version, doesn't come close to canceling out when phase reversed against it.