Apple quickly readying iPhoto 9.2.3 update with stability fixes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Just weeks after releasing iPhoto 9.2.2 for OS X, Apple is close to publishing a minor update, version 9.2.3, to improve stability and address an issue where the application quits unexpectedly on Macs with multiple user accounts.

A highly reliable source told AppleInsider on Tuesday that the new version of iPhoto is "on its way." Since Apple has begun seeding a prerelease version of the software, it is likely to arrive within days.

iPhoto 9.2.3 will improve "overall stability" and address "an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on systems with multiple user accounts," according to documentation sent by the source. The download reportedly weighs 256.9MB.

Apple released iPhoto 9.2.2 on March 7 after unveiling the new iPad and releasing iOS 5.1. That updated allowed photos to be deleted from Photo Stream, addressed compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5 and included fixes for several issues with the application.

This month also saw the release of iPhoto for iOS. More than a million copies of the iPad and iPhone versions of Apple's photo management software were sold in its first 10 days on the App Store.

[ View article on AppleInsider ]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I was just here backing up my photos to iPhoto and all of the sudden at the end when I tried to complete my backup the app just froze and crashed my Macbook Pro core i7 machine and i quickly went to APPLEINSIDER and checked and nothing was there , sooooooooo then I just got my iphone replaced and decided to check APPLEINSIDER once again and BAM!!!! right at the top of the list is this TOO FUNNY!!!

my 2 cents... I LOVE APPLE BUT I LOVE APPLEINSIDER TOO!!!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    I'm trying to parse that, and I'm having trouble.

So your application crashed and you? assumed that it was a problem with everyone's application at that time, and so you came here expecting a big thread about it (despite the impossibility of such a problem), and now you've somehow connected news of a future update to the software with whatever problem you had?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

So your application crashed and you? assumed that it was a problem with everyone's application at that time, and so you came here expecting a big thread about it (despite the impossibility of such a problem), and now you've somehow connected news of a future update to the software with whatever problem you had?

I a m t o o l a z y t o c r e a t e s u c h a n i m p p o s s i b l y l o n g s e n t e n c e.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hmmm, the update seems to address the very problem he had, so perhaps you aren't using the word "impossibility" correctly?

...I know, impossible...

But, I was having the same problem last night and intended to call Applecare today, but was happily lazy enough to wait for this to appear.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    oh ty apple

at last , its so annoying deleting pics off the cloud
  • Reply 6 of 8
    For some reason, iPhoto seems to be the resource hog on my iMac. It seems to be using up anywhere between 15% to 20% of my CPU when it is active.

None of the other software seems to take up that much. Of course, naturally it shoots up when I import my photos from the iPad or iPhone. I wonder if there is an issue here, or whether my Core 2 Duo iMac is now struggling to cope with the later versions of software.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

Hmmm, the update seems to address the very problem he had, so perhaps you aren't using the word "impossibility" correctly?

I don't see anything about fixing errors with backing up in the fix list. And he didn't mention anything about a computer with multiple accounts. So I'm not sure where you're getting that, other than the "overall stability" bit, which of course has the potential to fix his problem.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    I updated iPhoto some time ago via the App Store and I don't think it worked. iPhoto still shows 9.2.1 instead of 9.2.2 so I hope 9.2.3 will actually do something.