Apple and Samsung have 'communicated lately' about patent suit settlements

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    bullheadbullhead Posts: 493member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

why not $100? fair for what? copying Apple's rectangular design?

idk...copying everything Apple does? What did their tablets look like before the iPad? What did their phones look like before the iPhone?

I figure if Microsoft gets 15 USD, Apple should get more as Microsoft copies everything Apple does, and 20 USD sounds about right.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    sleepy3sleepy3 Posts: 244member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

All the fAndroids will now claim this proves their phones are not copies.

Yeah, like NFC, AMOLED, turn by turn directions, drop down notification bar, flash playback, multitasking, face unlock, 3d screens, 4G LTE, Custumizable launchers, 3d cameras, voice actions....THE LIST GOES ON. all BLATANTLY stolen from iphone

DAM YOU ANDROID!!!
  • Reply 43 of 56
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bullhead View Post

i suggest you go check your facts...yes the ipad does run cooler that most android tablets in some tests. Even with how many more pixels it is pushing. But whatever fantasies the Apple haters need to get through the day....

Yeah whatever...
  • Reply 44 of 56
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    There is now more clarity on this reported communication. The two sides exchanged exactly two letters:

F U
  • Reply 45 of 56
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:

Interesting how independent testing has shown the new ipad to run cooler than existing Android tablets. So if the new ipad is an omelet maker, android tables are deep fryers.

Now we all know that data is false. How could a running iPad be cooler than Android tablets that are sitting in boxes in the warehouse?

[This one is for the Fanboys.]
  • Reply 46 of 56
    bullheadbullhead Posts: 493member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

Now we all know that data is false. How could a running iPad be cooler than Android tablets that are sitting in boxes in the warehouse?

[This one is for the Fanboys.]

you do have a good point
  • Reply 47 of 56
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"Apple CEO Tim Cook does not seem to share his predecessor's passion about laying all foes to waste," author Paul M. Barrett wrote. "Cook appears to view litigation as a necessary evil, not a vehicle of cosmic revenge."

Fire Cook immediately for not doing exactly what Steve Jobs would have done!
  • Reply 48 of 56
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sleepy3 View Post

Yeah, like NFC, AMOLED, turn by turn directions, drop down notification bar, flash playback, multitasking, face unlock, 3d screens, 4G LTE, Custumizable launchers, 3d cameras, voice actions....THE LIST GOES ON. all BLATANTLY stolen from iphone

DAM YOU ANDROID!!!

MiniSD, removable battery, a real file manager that can mount multiple servers as a local folder, plug into any computer and mounted as a normal drive, DLNA to stream HD movies to any TV, out of the box CODEC support to play pretty much any media file, large screen models.

Android phones need every advantage possible if they want to compete against the unstoppable juggernaut that is the iPhone. After Apple goes to a 4" + screen size and they most defiantly will, it will be a force unlike anything we've seen so far.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    tinman0tinman0 Posts: 168member
    Can't help but feel that the "communicated" went like this:

"fuck off"

"screw yourself"
  • Reply 50 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman0 View Post

Can't help but feel that the "communicated" went like this:

"fuck off"

"screw yourself"

Not everyone is still stuck in high school. These are professional companies with millions of dollars at stake. It most likely ended up with the executives at a strip joint sniffing coke off of a hookers butt.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    Wow I think I read this somewhere else about a month ago....... Oh wait I did on foss patents. Old news nothing new here, move on.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by myapplelove View Post

main point was that samsung's 32nm manufacturing process that they've so far withheld from apple is most probably samsung's card for apple to settle and stop trying to ban the tabs in any market they can.

LOL Samsung is not withholding that tech from apple. Apple represents a 10 billion dollar a year customer to samsung. Samsung was not ready with there 32nm process yet. As shown with no products of there own released with 32nm yet. Like was said by others it was not ready for prime time just yet so Apple went with what was available.

Samsungs Texas semiconductor facility recently just started adding on to accommodate the A5X and A5 production demands from apple. Almost there entire facility there is devoted to A5X's and A5's. Also Samsung is building the new display for the new iPad for apple too which is from all industry accounts very hard to manufacture and is considered cutting edge tech. Why wouldn't they withhold this from apple too?

LG and Sharp were not ready with there displays at launch and are only now getting production up.
  • Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by arrowspark View Post

I'm imagining Steve jobs as Darth Vader and Tim Cook as the Imperial Admiral who gets the Force Grip treatment for this outrage.

What you said is true, but in the Robot Chicken kind of way. The Imperial Admirals pretend that Darth Vader has a Force Grip and can kill people. Then, the guy simply changes his uniform and comes back.

Everybody wins - nobody dies and Vader feels like he is a superman!
  • Reply 54 of 56
    The Company at the right hand bottom - Skyhook - wasn't Skyhook the name of the military program developed to get people out of sticky situations, which Batman uses to escape from Hong Kong?
  • Reply 55 of 56
    jack99jack99 Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit_Coach View Post

All those white arrows look far more aggressive.

Some how I hope this War Game comes to an end. I hate to see all these lawyers getting richer and richer. This is a death cycle that is suffocating technological progress.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iSheldon View Post

In other words it pays to steal?

What kind of example are we setting for our children?

That the system is broken and it enriches lawyers. Unless you're suggesting it's best for future generations to learn that the only good society is a litigious one.

Your choice.
  • Reply 56 of 56
    Quote:

i suggest you go check your facts...yes the ipad does run cooler that most android tablets in some tests. Even with how many more pixels it is pushing. But whatever fantasies the Apple haters need to get through the day....

No, I'm sorry you are incorrect. Most, most, that means what 80%. There is probably, maybe 2 tablets that have the same temperature that of a iPad 3. I know because I've used most of them. I belong to a computer club that represents a large group of people who have multiple types of tablets. Dislike it, deny it, ignore it, lash out but the iPad 3 runs warmer then most if not all of the tablets that run a ARM cpu. Not including those who overclock theirs.

I have a new iPad and it runs warm, I feel it. Is it uncomfortable, sometimes, only when playing 3D games, but most of the time it just runs warm, warmer then my Asus Slider and my Samsung Galaxy 7.7", a lot warmer.

I know you want Apple to be perfect in every way but I'm sorry it isn't. This is Apples first attempt at LTE and there was bound to be problems, heat is one of those problems. There is a battery almost twice the size then the previous models in the new iPad.

Look Apple said it themselves that the iPad is cutting into their laptop and computer market. Well if this is true then Apple needs multiple models. Not just to make money but to work out problems. Only having one tablet per year is a lot of stress to make that one model perfect. There is a market for a 7" or 7.8" tablet, there is a market and your an idiot for thinking other wise. There is a market for a 8.9" tablet.

Apple has so much money that they don't know what to do with it. They can afford to introduce, even try something that's new and fantastic. The new iPad feels rushed, yes it's a little faster, yes it has an incredible screen but it's thicker, runs warmer, and it's heavier. For a company that only has one tablet per year then these short comings are not good.

My pants are off and I'm ready for your reaming. Let me ask you a question before you get all over me. They have one iPhone model and one iPad model, things like storage space besides, Apple can afford to test the waters with new models. What are they so afraid of, where is my larger screen iPhone where is my ipad 7" and 8" iPad. Apple has billions upon billions to play with are you seriously happy with only one model.

Please begin your silly bashing.