• Reply 41 of 60
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bedouin View Post

Woody Allen will portray Meg Whitman.

I was thinking it would be Kevin James.
  • Reply 42 of 60
    buzzzbuzzz Posts: 84member
    Check out this article. I can hardly believe a tech magazine could get something so basic about Jobs so wrong. The article says he brew up an only child to a single mother. Obviously mixing him up with a certain someone else. Hopefully whoever is doing the script for the movie will do a better job of researching his life.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/shownews.asp...EWS&nid=192643
  • Reply 43 of 60
    ezorroezorro Posts: 11member
    Kutcher has made a career of playing an idiot, which may not be a creative stretch. Always baffled me that Nikon would chose him to be in their commercials - is the message "Nikon: so easy a caveman can use one"?
  • Reply 44 of 60
    sevenfeetsevenfeet Posts: 467member
    I'm going to keep an open mind on this. One thing about this film: what parts of Steve Job's life are going to be portrayed? If we're going to revisit his 20s when Noah Wyle did "Pirates", Noah Wyle is too old to play that now (unless you went for some serious CGI work in post). He's 40 years old. Ashton Kutcher isn't in his 20's anymore (he's 34) but he probably has a better shot of playing Steve at that age. And he does look the part (including the hair).

The hard part will be playing the dramatic role with an intensity that we all know Steve Jobs had. Comic actors always want to be taken seriously and this is his golden opportunity. Bill Murray, Dan Akroyd, Eddie Murphy and Jim Carrey have all had success in dramatic roles (all but Carrey have Oscar nominations for those roles). And then there's going too be the cancer years when as an actor he's going to have to do the weight loss thing (like Christian Bale). I'm sure Kutcher lobbied hard for this role since it could open a whole new career for him if it works out.

Should be interesting.
  • Reply 45 of 60
    Better than Keanu, I suppose. Slightly better.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Daniel Day-Lewis.

I second that nomination, "I drink YOUR milkshake"
  • Reply 47 of 60
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    I try and I try and I try to picture Ashton Kutcher portraying the brilliant, enigmatic and highly captivating Steve Jobs... and it just does not work.

Hell, even Sean Penn could make you believe he's Steve Jobs before Ashton Kutcher would even come close.
  • Reply 48 of 60
    curmudgeoncurmudgeon Posts: 483member
    I vote no. No to Ashton Kutcher. And no to yet another Steve Jobs film.
  • Reply 49 of 60
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

I'd rather have Johnny Depp. He looks more like Steve, and he's way better

Too bad he couldn't live in Steve's basement and drop acid with him like he did for his portrayal of Hunter S Thompson.
  • Reply 50 of 60
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I vote no. No to Ashton Kutcher. And no to yet another Steve Jobs film.

Yet another? Is there a second movie beyond PoSV of which I'm not aware? I'd like to see it.
  • Reply 51 of 60
    popnfreshpopnfresh Posts: 139member
    Well, this is one movie I can scratch off my list.
  • Reply 52 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

I'd rather have Johnny Depp. He looks more like Steve, and he's way better

But he plays likable characters for the most part.
  • Reply 53 of 60
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    And Jonah Hill as the Woz?
  • Reply 54 of 60
    isheldonisheldon Posts: 570member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I try and I try and I try to picture Ashton Kutcher portraying the brilliant, enigmatic and highly captivating Steve Jobs... and it just does not work.

Well he can sell cameras.

And it would give him a chance to show off his prickly side.
  • Reply 55 of 60
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,200member
    Kutcher will be re-united with Demi Moore who will play Jobs' love interest, Joan Baez.

I think Kutcher will do a great job... Jobs.

• Reply 56 of 60
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

Please God, NO! Let it be an April Fool's gag because I'd much rather have Charlie Sheen or ANYONE else than Ashton Kutcher. ANYONE!

A total IDIOT playing the role of a genius...what else could we wish for? Mr. Kutcher is only successful because of the good ol' lobby that takes care of Hollywood so dearly.

In any case at least this will be an independent movie - the main one to be produced by Sony will be a totally different one.
  • Reply 57 of 60
    gmhutgmhut Posts: 242member
    My left butt cheek would be a better cast for any role, than Kutcher. As my left butt cheek's agent, I can assure those indie producers that my client would have taken the role for much less than ol' Ashton.
  • Reply 58 of 60
    Kutcher is a boob! Sorry SJ.
  • Reply 59 of 60
    Justin Long for Steve Jobs and John Hodgman as Bill Gates. lol
  • Reply 60 of 60
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Oh great. First he was Kelso, then he was Kelso playing gags on people (punk'd). Then Kelso in two and a half men. Now it will be Kelso playing Steve Jobs. Kelso is the only part he can play.

Kelso was really good at fixing electronics and video games - during the 70s, and he did a middle finger prank just like Steve and Woz.

Maybe now, he can play a Kelso that smoked weed to enhance his imagination in California instead of just for hanging out with losers from Point Place.

Steve had family in Wisconsin too.