Foxconn recruiter says next-gen iPhone arriving in June - rumor

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    peter236peter236 Posts: 254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

They should be charged and tried in court. The lack of rule of law in China is disturbing. (As you know I like to yammer on about)

I hope we have alternatives to China over the next 50 years. Otherwise, addiction to oil will look like nothing compared to addiction to China.

There's a reason why Huawei has been blocked from Australia's National Broadband Network, even though Huawei is in everything else here from telco gear through to 3g/4g modems.

Australia is just a puppet of the US. Australia started out as an illegal colony anyway.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    tylerk36tylerk36 Posts: 1,037member
    Rumor mill has it that the next generation iPhone will arrive in June. The specs are...

7inch diagonal screen.

A6 5 core processor.

8GB system ram.

1GB video memory.

SD card reader.

MRI scanner.

20 megapixel camera.

12 megapixel face time camera.

100 hours battery on all modes.

12 month stand by battery time.

Optional external DVD burner.

16GB and 1 terabyte models.

8G LTE and RTL.

WIFI 802.12 ACL/NRA.

Green Tooth. Yes green tooth don't ask!!

The most important. A free chimpanzee to help you carry it around.

Cost 16GB model $1,200.00, 1TB model $4,234.96 Educational discount of 90% at any Conservative University. Skull and Cross bones members get one for free.

Optional.

Solar panel for the roof of your house to charge the damn thing.

Monkey grease to help keep your monkey off the furniture.

Get out of jail free card for radiation licensing violation on MRI scanning.

1 year medical insurance for who knows what!

Disclaimer. Chimpanzee's can become unpredictable as they grow older and may need to be released back into the wild. Apple does not accept any damages such as your nose being ripped off your face or the occasional arm pulled out of socket routine. Medical insurance is for iPhone related injuries.

Sponsored by Samsung and Motorola against Apple campaign. Troll!!
  • Reply 23 of 42
    lerxtlerxt Posts: 186member
    Well this is wrong. I work in ...well let me say, an associated business, and I know the first iPhone 5 shipment leaves China in August.

As for that boneheaded comment about Australia starting out out as an illegal colony (huh?), I suggest you read some history. The Aussies have the most sucessful country in the developed world right now.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,445moderator
    The next iPhone can continue to run iOS 5. Apple doesn't release a version of OS X every year and I expect iOS to go the same way. The last iPhone was delayed from its usual release date so a June release is entirely plausible. It saves having two separate events. My concern with a June release would be that the changes aren't significant enough to warrant a separate event.
  • Reply 25 of 42
    socratessocrates Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

It may be iPhone 5, but it will NOT be iPhone 6.

:P

iPhone 5 doesn't make much sense since it's the sixth generation, and iPhone 6 doesn't make much sense as the previous model was called 4(s).

My guess is that it will be called "the new iPhone".

iPhone, like the iPad, iPod and Macbook has reached the point of incremental evolution. If they call it "5", people will have expectations of some amazing new feature, but in fact there's not much they can do now except make it faster, thinner, better battery life, etc.

Apple basically already won the smartphone war. They have the best product, they still need a new model every year to keep it competitive, but from here on out it's mostly about software. Other than maybe NFC, I can't see much they can do to the hardware that anybody really cares about.

I'm guessing they aren't going to make a bigger screen or make it 3D or add haptic feedback or pico projectors or any crazy feature-phone crap that nobody really cares about (at least not until they figure out how to do it properly).

What I want to know is, now that the iPad is old news, what's the next big thing they've got cooking up in their labs waiting to change everything again.
  • Reply 26 of 42
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The next iPhone can continue to run iOS 5. Apple doesn't release a version of OS X every year and I expect iOS to go the same way.

Huh? Surely you're aware that Apple is releasing Mountain Lion this year, a year after Lion was released, and has made a commitment to update versions of Mac OS X every year.

I speculate that this continued move toward making the Mac just another device could also lead to a change in accounting that could allow free OS X updates moving forward. There are plenty of reasons this could add to their popularity and therefore profitability as a PC platform.
  • Reply 27 of 42
    ecsecs Posts: 307member
    I believe Apple needs to release a new iPhone soon. For example, I want to buy an iPhone, but I've serious doubts about the 4S, first because of its battery/power management, second because the possibility of a new iPhone sooner than expected.

Taking all of this into consideration, yes, I want an iPhone, but buying a 4S now would be unwise.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    shaun, ukshaun, uk Posts: 1,050member
    Reading the comments above makes me wonder why some of you actually bother to follow this website given that you don't seem to believe any of the rumours that are reported here.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Rumor mill has it that the next generation iPhone will arrive in June. The specs are...

7inch diagonal screen.

A6 5 core processor.

8GB system ram.

1GB video memory.

SD card reader.

MRI scanner.

20 megapixel camera.

12 megapixel face time camera.

100 hours battery on all modes.

12 month stand by battery time.

Optional external DVD burner.

16GB and 1 terabyte models.

8G LTE and RTL.

WIFI 802.12 ACL/NRA.

Green Tooth. Yes green tooth don't ask!!

The most important. A free chimpanzee to help you carry it around.

Cost 16GB model $1,200.00, 1TB model $4,234.96 Educational discount of 90% at any Conservative University. Skull and Cross bones members get one for free.

Optional.

Solar panel for the roof of your house to charge the damn thing.

Monkey grease to help keep your monkey off the furniture.

Get out of jail free card for radiation licensing violation on MRI scanning.

1 year medical insurance for who knows what!

Disclaimer. Chimpanzee's can become unpredictable as they grow older and may need to be released back into the wild. Apple does not accept any damages such as your nose being ripped off your face or the occasional arm pulled out of socket routine. Medical insurance is for iPhone related injuries.

Sponsored by Samsung and Motorola against Apple campaign. Troll!!

You left out the floppy drive.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Huh? Surely you're aware that Apple is releasing Mountain Lion this year, a year after Lion was released, and has made a commitment to update versions of Mac OS X every year.

I speculate that this continued move toward making the Mac just another device could also lead to a change in accounting that could allow free OS X updates moving forward. There are plenty of reasons this could add to their popularity and therefore profitability as a PC platform.

I don't think Apple ever committed to yearly OS X updates. They said something like they intended to update it every year to 18 months, but there was no commitment.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by peter236 View Post

Australia is just a puppet of the US. Australia started out as an illegal colony anyway.

A colony, that still happens to have a Brit Queen. By the way, British Petroleum doesn't exactly have a clear moral record, as Iran would love to remind the world. Unrelated? Maybe

Oh, "Australian-legal" oil pumping in North Australia have made Indonesia very unhappy, causing a huge spike in radical islamism and terrorist recruitment.

Always useful to be the ones making the laws, uhu?

Then you can call for people to be tried in your own courts,and slander the other guy as a "slumcourt".
  • Reply 31 of 42
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

Reading the comments above makes me wonder why some of you actually bother to follow this website given that you don't seem to believe any of the rumours that are reported here.

I think a lot of them want to believe. . .

Add another feature to the rumor list while I'm at it. The next iPhone will be waterproof.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    christophbchristophb Posts: 1,482member
    Quote:

I learn stuff reading how the rumors are debunked. The troll and poe situation is much worse than the quality of the rumors.
  • Reply 33 of 42
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    I'd love to see Apple hold off launching the next iPhone until 2013. Chances are that it will still be the single bestselling smartphone.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I think a lot of them want to believe. . .

Add another feature to the rumor list while I'm at it. The next iPhone will be waterproof.

Mocking rumors is a hobby and a way for people to demonstrate intelligence.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stelligent View Post

I'd love to see Apple hold off launching the next iPhone until 2013. Chances are that it will still be the single bestselling smartphone.

This is where Apple's secrecy really pays off. Not just as feee marketing for upcoming products but increasingly to fight against competing product launches. It must be hard to launch a new product with a splash when the rumour mills are spinning out of control on the apparent rumoured imminent release of an iPad 7", an new IOS6, the iPhone 5 or 6, the 5" iPhone / iPod / iPad etc. Everyone wants to report on these speculations and if somebody else (Nokia / Windows) are launching something new every report will inevitably pose the question whether this new device can compete with the impending Apple xxxxxx.
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

I don't think Apple ever committed to yearly OS X updates. They said something like they intended to update it every year to 18 months, but there was no commitment.

They sure did. It was big news because nobody expected another major cat OS to launch this soon.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    jragostajragosta Posts: 10,473member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

They sure did. It was big news because nobody expected another major cat OS to launch this soon.

You're confusing what rumors say and what sites like AI have to say. Toward the end of that article is Apple's official statement:

" the company announced it would target an 18 month schedule"

So it's 18 months rather than 12, and it's only a target, not a commitment.

AI was confused by the fact that Apple scheduled on OS for 12 months after the previous one - and they immediately jumped to the conclusion that that was Apple's official policy. As stated above, it was not - and never has been.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    Quote:

You're confusing what rumors say and what sites like AI have to say. Toward the end of that article is Apple's official statement:

" the company announced it would target an 18 month schedule"

So it's 18 months rather than 12, and it's only a target, not a commitment.

AI was confused by the fact that Apple scheduled on OS for 12 months after the previous one - and they immediately jumped to the conclusion that that was Apple's official policy. As stated above, it was not - and never has been.

1) Mountain Lion is coming 1 year after Lion. Not 18 months, not 24 months.

2) There have been plenty of people who ahave spoke with Apple to confirm the commitment of 12 months.
    Quote:

=Anand]Mountain Lion is supposed to be the first instance of this yearly OS X release cadence. In speaking with Apple it's clear that annual OS X releases is the goal,

3) A committment is a target. That doesn't mean there won't be delays.

4) The 18 months you reference is an old statement from when Mac OS X was still new and rapidly changing.

5) Apple has stated several times they wish to make the Mac just another device. Part of doing that also seems to be yearly updates like they have with iOS.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    yoyo2222yoyo2222 Posts: 144member
    Quote:

I hope it's true. I'll be looking for a new phone in the June - July time frame and would like LTE.

Seems likely, if the source is real, that Foxconn might hire new workers to START producing the next iPhone for a fall release.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

this is how I feel about it. Apple slipped their anual release date from June to September and all we got for the delay was Siri, which needed the extra development time and is still heavily beta. Why wouldn't Apple return to June with the next iPhone that's had two years to prepare since the iPhone 4?

Too close to the iPad release cycle. I think they like having something new every six months. They used to release iPods just before school but iPods are phasing out so the iPhone takes that release slot.