Users report 3G connection issues with Apple's new iPad

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    superdxsuperdx Posts: 67member

I think your issue is Singtel. I was in SG last week with my iPhone on roaming, and I was constantly disconnected. Then I switched to M1 (my carrier allows this for roaming) and the problem disappeared. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewForce View Post

05/1 Update,

With my Singtel celllular data line, some time I could switch the APN name between "e-ideas" & "internet" and it work without a reboot needed. But sometimes I'll still need to reboot my new iPad as swapping both name just couldn't help to get the connection.

I can travel in Singapore from North East to South, to West, to East. From Punggol to Tampines, Katong, Marina Square, 313, Wisma Astria, ION, Shaw Centre, PS, Alexandra/Leng Kee Road, Mustafa area, Rangoon Road(Ng Ag Sio BKT) from time to time run into this silly "Could not activate cellular data network" "Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet".

One and half month of countless frustration, still did not hear anything from the stupid Apple Engineering team. They simply just keep quiet about their issues. The way they handling the crisis are even worst than crappy & much smaller size HTC company with recent One-X screen chaos, that was more worse issue as you often need to see the display in a day. Under the lady boss/chairman Ms. Cher Wang ??? instructions, they did provide some info to Taiwan press & internet media when they put up the inquiry about the screen issues with HTC.

So Mr. Tim Cook, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? Or you're just another apprentice of Mr. Martin Yan, are still shooting the "TIM CAN COOK SHOW", so has absolutely no time for our issue? What about your Engeering team? Are they trained to handle with "CRISIS"?

• Reply 62 of 66

Same issue here. It seems like with Cosmote things are better. With Vodafone i have issues...

Im from Greece.

Systemgraph is an Authorized Service by Apple here in Greece and they do not know nothing about the problem.

• Reply 63 of 66
    fredaroonyfredaroony Posts: 619member

I picked up a 4G iPad this weekend and havent had this issue but I noticed the reception displayed was a lot less on the iPad than the iPhone 4S I had in the same room.

The iPhone had 4 bars and the iPad went from 1-2.

• Reply 64 of 66
    newforcenewforce Posts: 8member

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdx View Post

I think your issue is Singtel. I was in SG last week with my iPhone on roaming, and I was constantly disconnected. Then I switched to M1 (my carrier allows this for roaming) and the problem disappeared. 

No don't think. If you have a chance to read posting in Apple Support Communities forum, there's tonnes of victims with plenty different operator around the world having the same issue. All of us who's previously using the iPad2 with the same network opetator & sim card does not suffer this. Swapped the same sim card in iPad2 the 3G connection was like icing on the cake, but the new iPad 3G connection constantly failing connection.

• Reply 65 of 66
    newforcenewforce Posts: 8member

05/10 update,

I've done my iOS 5.1.1 update through WiFi 3 days ago.

Since then, I have been tested both WiFi and cellular data on all the time during the test, to see if auto switching fixed. Also tried turning-off either one to see any manual switch fixed too. Tested different combo at 6 different areas which I've used to suffering the 3G cellular data no connection issue. So far the iOS 5.1.1 has fixed the problem totally, and infact it even fixes the weak WiFi issue too.

One thing I did noted, the battery seem like drain slightly faster than before. I don't know whether this is just my illusion, or it is the iOS 5.1.1 packaged with firmwares for wireless chipsets Broadcomm & Qualcomm has re-distributing more voltages or current so both chipsets working ok now. Even if that was the case, I'm pretty fine with that approach which consider better option than no 3G data and I'm gonna live with that till the next iPad (4?) or any other better tablet show up.

Yes, I am really enjoying the new iPad since yesterday night 05/08 06:45 pm. I'm gonna marked this date as the victory day for everyone who's has actively participating this problem thread in most iPad forums around the world, including those in the Apple Support Comminuties forum! All credits go to all posting by all the victims of this issue here and the rest in many other forum from around the world. Remembered most ppl including me, have always preferred a calm solution and have never try to put anything to go this ugly in the first, like this issue experiencing by all. Think together we've really put up a good fight against the almighty Apple.

Yes, the fixed is here, but it could have been end up in better approach. Too bad Apple choosed to fixed that in rather ugly fashion. It's a lesson learned for all victims and Apple. Let us hope Mr. Tim Cook are indeed a better man than the old & gone SJ. Amen.

• Reply 66 of 66

This problem was so irritating, I got so fed up with it. I did a lot of research looking for a solution to this problem- A LOT. In the end though, I found a couple of reviews of Pong Research's cases www.pongresearch.com , that convinced me to give it a try. This case is built with an antenna in between layers of the back cover, which redirects and boosts the power of the signal and increases the range of the wifi antenna on the iPad. After getting one, I couldn't be happier with my new toy! This finally fixes my problem with the new iPad 3 poor wifi range.