First look at Walmart's Apple store-within-a-store

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 35
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 12,980member
    Buy Apple devices at a Walmart is like buying a Bentley from your local used car dealership.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    woodlinkwoodlink Posts: 198member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by commoncents View Post


    The level of bigotry on this board is amazing, and disgusting.



    Wal-mart is the biggest retailer in the world. Why do you assume there is just one type of person who shops there? Besides the fact that you're a bigot?



    amazing over reaction
  • Reply 23 of 35
    pennywsepennywse Posts: 155member
    The 'People of Walmart' crowd don't want to be around the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd anymore than the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd want to be around the 'People of Walmart' crowd. The two are like oil and water, no pun intended.



    To all those who feel Apple products are too good to be in a Walmart store, please pull your head out of your pompous Apple utopia ass. Believe it or not there are plenty of people who shop at Walmart who can afford an Apple product.



    And I'm not over reacting (for that guy in this chain), every time a story is written about Apple products and association with Walmart (or Sam's Club) you can bet your ass there will be a ton of 'OMG, Becky look at those products in Walmart ...'; which is code for those kind of shoppers don't deserve to buy Apple products. Just read above ...



    It's a shame really that people who aren't supposed to judge, judge others.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    envirogenvirog Posts: 188member
    This will be the best looking section in Walmart. Hopefully they'll have staff assigned to keep it up to par.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    can not agree more,Walmar "store within the store" is a diluted experience of what you get in a real apple store and it may be good to create more volume, but without degrees of difference, buying a Mac in Walmar is like going grocery shopping with style....not sure this a right way forward.... !...in the end, is about the experiencing apple, and wal-mart does not do it...
  • Reply 26 of 35
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,587member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post


    The 'People of Walmart' crowd don't want to be around the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd anymore than the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd want to be around the 'People of Walmart' crowd. The two are like oil and water, no pun intended.



    To all those who feel Apple products are too good to be in a Walmart store, please pull your head out of your pompous Apple utopia ass. Believe it or not there are plenty of people who shop at Walmart who can afford an Apple product.



    And I'm not over reacting (for that guy in this chain), every time a story is written about Apple products and association with Walmart (or Sam's Club) you can bet your ass there will be a ton of 'OMG, Becky look at those products in Walmart ...'; which is code for those kind of shoppers don't deserve to buy Apple products. Just read above ...



    It's a shame really that people who aren't supposed to judge, judge others.



    Bigots? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! This has nothing to do with the shoppers and has everything to do with the Walmart brand and what it stands for. Discount store, "everyday low prices", generic brands, low value, cheaply made, driving small retailers out of business in small town America, poor customer service, etc. etc. etc.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,660member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post


    The 'People of Walmart' crowd don't want to be around the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd anymore than the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd want to be around the 'People of Walmart' crowd. The two are like oil and water, no pun intended.



    To all those who feel Apple products are too good to be in a Walmart store, please pull your head out of your pompous Apple utopia ass. Believe it or not there are plenty of people who shop at Walmart who can afford an Apple product.



    And I'm not over reacting (for that guy in this chain), every time a story is written about Apple products and association with Walmart (or Sam's Club) you can bet your ass there will be a ton of 'OMG, Becky look at those products in Walmart ...'; which is code for those kind of shoppers don't deserve to buy Apple products. Just read above ...



    It's a shame really that people who aren't supposed to judge, judge others.



    Says the guy that manages to come up with something as incredibly tone-deaf and reality free as "'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking" crowd.



    Seriously, have you ever been in a Starbucks? There's one about every three feet all across the country, in case you haven't noticed. I mean, at least ragging on Walmart has some basis in reality, whereas your fantasy of the thoroughly conventional, trafficked by every man, woman and child in America Starbucks suggests that you're a morbidly obese nutcase actually living in Walmart, angrily reacting to insults to your "home" and basing your notions of the outer world on misheard snippets of conversation, discarded, partially legible magazines, and the Speak 'n Spell in aisle 7.
  • Reply 28 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post


    Bigots? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! This has nothing to do with the shoppers and has everything to do with the Walmart brand and what it stands for. Discount store, "everyday low prices", generic brands, low value, cheaply made, driving small retailers out of business in small town America, poor customer service, etc. etc. etc.





    Apparently you missed the post about the rifle being displayed next to the iPod.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 4,861member
    Wonder what the rednecks will things of these fancy displays?
  • Reply 30 of 35
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Quote:

    Security for the on-display items is said to be tighter than Apple Store counterparts and is most likely due to lack of staff dedicated to oversee the area.



    That and the less desirable clientele surrounding them.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    bedouinbedouin Posts: 331member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post


    Wonder what the rednecks will things of these fancy displays?



    Probably, "This thing looks cool. I wish I could read."
  • Reply 32 of 35
    haggarhaggar Posts: 1,568member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeRange View Post


    Walmart? Ugh... The end of the world as we know it. This is absolutely the wrong brand for Apple to be associated with. The only thing they offer is distribution into C & D markets, but without qualified sales and service support what will the result be?



    Apple made the decision to put their products in Walmart. Now be a good Apple follower and defend Apple's decision.
  • Reply 33 of 35
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,660member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haggar View Post


    Apple made the decision to put their products in Walmart. Now be a good Apple follower and defend Apple's decision.



    Give it a rest, asshole.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pennywse View Post


    The 'People of Walmart' crowd don't want to be around the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd anymore than the 'hippie, my-shit-don't-stink, uppity, Starbucks drinking' crowd want to be around the 'People of Walmart' crowd. The two are like oil and water, no pun intended.



    Well I've never been inside a Starbucks OR a Wal-Mart, so not sure where that puts me.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    minicaptminicapt Posts: 219member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bryanhauer View Post


    Walmart and Sams Club are owned by the same company. Costco and Apple ended their relationship in 2010. Sounds like Apple wouldn't give Costco the ability to sell online or offer the iPad so the two mutually agreed to end their relationship. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._products.html



    I imagine there were other factors involved as well. Possibly Costco wanted bigger margins.



    No, what Costco wanted was the freedom to run 'deep discounts' on Apple products. And Apple suggested that their brand was selling well enough at Costco without any discounts. And Costco apparently mentioned it was company policy that required all products to be subject to discounting. And Apple agreed that going against company policies was a BAD THING, and their contact with Costco was therefore terminated, with affability.



    Cheers
Sign In or Register to comment.