Apple, Samsung CEOs agree to meet in California for settlement talks

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mightymike View Post

Apple has no choice but to go all out to shut down companies like Samsung that copy Apple's designs. Like Samsung, Everyone would love to copy Apple because it's the only thing that sells. Samdung has no visible smart phone and tablet business if it doesn't copy Apple.

Samsung will lose Apple as a client and the courts could shut down Samsung's tablet and smartphone business in addition to any market lost due to consumer backlash.

Samsung is treading a highwire and the wind is picking up. And it's a long way down...

[Yoda]: The fan is strong in this one yes.

Not every device from samsung is a blatant rip off of the iphone. It perfectly cool to give credit where credit is due but just because apple has a patent on something doesn't mean they were the ones who "invented" it's greatness. Companies patent ideas. Some ideas are not even theirs when they patent it. It's just they were the first to patent it. Go look at some samsung phones before the jesus phone even arrived and tell me that you don't see "similarities". samsung patents ideas that make products work.

apple patents philosophies that dictate the experience of a product. Apples patents are full of more fluff then any samsung invention. That's why they press every company against a corner cause their fluff can be construed as many different ideas. A patent for round corners. Give me a break.

Apple would patent colors if they could. The patent office is to blame, not apple. Apple is just blatantly taking advantage of a failed patent system. They probably have a patent on the letter i too.

We should all be thankful there are limits on these patent systems. Apple would have us patented if they could.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    stelligentstelligent Posts: 2,680member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Why? What do you have riding on which horse?

How does it - remotely - affect your life one way or another?

Now that's failed attempt at condescension.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darkflame808 View Post

[Yoda]: The fan is strong in this one yes.

Not every device from samsung is a blatant rip off of the iphone. It perfectly cool to give credit where credit is due but just because apple has a patent on something doesn't mean they were the ones who "invented" it's greatness. Companies patent ideas. Some ideas are not even theirs when they patent it. It's just they were the first to patent it. Go look at some samsung phones before the jesus phone even arrived and tell me that you don't see "similarities". samsung patents ideas that make products work.

apple patents philosophies that dictate the experience of a product. Apples patents are full of more fluff then any samsung invention. That's why they press every company against a corner cause their fluff can be construed as many different ideas. A patent for round corners. Give me a break.

Apple would patent colors if they could. The patent office is to blame, not apple. Apple is just blatantly taking advantage of a failed patent system. They probably have a patent on the letter i too.

We should all be thankful there are limits on these patent systems. Apple would have us patented if they could.

If I can't prevent you from from stealing market share from me by ripping off my ideas I will not come up with new ideas and the world doesn't progress. The alternative is communism. With all its flaws I'll take the patent system any day. And yes, if Apple, or anyone else, puts the money into R&D comes up with a new idea or medicine that can change the world they deserve full protection from rip offs, be it Samsung or counterfeit medicines. If Apple gets a patent for a new color and you don't like it just stick to black and white.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mightymike View Post

If I can't prevent you from from stealing market share from me by ripping off my ideas I will not come up with new ideas and the world doesn't progress. The alternative is communism. With all its flaws I'll take the patent system any day. And yes, if Apple, or anyone else, puts the money into R&D comes up with a new idea or medicine that can change the world they deserve full protection from rip offs, be it Samsung or counterfeit medicines. If Apple gets a patent for a new color and you don't like it just stick to black and white.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you that people ripping off other peoples ideas stifles innovation. I'm just saying patenting something like a touch panel that's centered on the device is ridiculous. Those types of patents stifle innovation. Create something original and patent originality. Not common sense aesthetics. Look at the list that was published from apple about what samsung can do to not copy apple. That list right there explains how apple stifles innovation.

And you stated new ideas. I agreed with you in my previous post about patenting new ideas. Apple doesn't patent new ideas. Again look at samsungs devices before the jesus phone.

Apple did the same thing. Everyone rips off of everybody. Apple is just smarter then the bunch. They rip off the basics of someone elses design and then patent it when they get it right. That's where Samsung and others failed. They were too busy patenting the inner workings of the device. The stuff that people don't see. When in reality it's what people "see" that people buy. That's why apple is so successful.