Adobe launches Creative Suite 6 with advanced 3D tools, new Creative Cloud

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member

What a ripoff. The CS5.5 upgrade had virtually nothing new so I skipped it. Now I see the upgrade from 5 to 6 is double that from 5.5 - 5.5 should have been free from what I've seen. I have 5 at home and 5.5 at work.

OT - I hate it when these new forums take over my right-click!

• Reply 22 of 23
    gmhutgmhut Posts: 242member

It was more of an evolution, than a revolution. Unfortunately, like most new versions it was a mix of bug fixes, new bugs (the one one that pissed me off most was breaking "join" in AI to default to a corner point instead of the option to chose curve) but there were also updates I'm sure many people found useful. Now we're talking continual updates and access to EVERY product adobe makes with a subscription. I don't want to get ripped off, but I do know share holders need to see growth and the "traditional"  licensing model is difficult for any software company to stay in business. So if a single subscription lets me get the master collection, latest updates, some cloud services, and the option to pay month by month so the company that makes the tools I need can remain viable, I don't see it as that much greater an expense, as long as the bug fixes and updates come in a continual stream, instead of once every year and a half (time will tell about the last item).

• Reply 23 of 23
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member

I don't get enough business to warrant buying every upgrade or paying a monthly fee. I just have a few clients on the side. Adobe seems to be making it more difficult for these types of users. I guess I'll look at CS6.5 when it comes out next year and if Adobe will let me upgrade from CS5. I'll still peeved that a major bug I reported to Adobe was fixed in 5.5 (tech support's "fix" for this crash was to pay for the upgrade).