Strong Apple earnings expected to offset recent 'profit taking'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    wovelwovel Posts: 956member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

It's only a gift if the shares go up. I don't think those people who bought in at $640 will be feeling too good right now.

Presumably if they miss the estimates the shares will go down further. Share trading is always a gamble.

If you buy on value it was a gift, if you buy on speculation...Well today it was still a gift.  Anyone who bought at 640 that is worried right now doesn't know why or what they bought in the first place.  They should get out of individual stocks.  ETFs are fun.

• Reply 22 of 25

Boy, will these "profit takers" be disappointed when they see APPL stock rise thru the roof.

• Reply 23 of 25
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Some analyst was on CNBC this morning saying with Verizon and AT&T activation figures they're expecting iPhone sales to be less than 30 million. Then they had the CEO of AT&T on and all they did was badger him about iPhone sales/subsidies for 5 minutes. They were trying as hard as they could to get him to say iPhone sales were soft and they're rethinking the subsidy model, but he didn't bite.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

Quote:

Originally Posted by studiomusic View Post

That's about $3,3 billion less than if they had the week in.

Apple makes way more money than I thought, apparently.

• Reply 25 of 25

It's the forward statement that will make AAPL go up or down. Soft earnings and soft forward statement, then the stock will go down hard. Good earnings and soft forward statement, then the stock "might" go higher for a bit but then slowly drift downwards, maybe low 500s. Good earnings and good forward statement, then AAPL will slowly rise through to the holiday quarter.

I'm betting on good earnings and soft forward statement.